Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Two Forties

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Two Forties

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat May 25, 2024 12:46 pm

Stepped on the scale back in February, and they sighed. :o
High 270s. :roll: Hard to keep the weight off when you can't walk, run, bike...

Back before our move, I had consulted with the VA and used a caloric lifestyle change to safely drop fifty pounds in ninety days. Willpower and following the plan. Eat right, keep my caloric intake below 1500. I went from 280+ to 230 pounds. The sent me home with a tattletale scale that texted the RN supervising the program every day with my weight from the day's weigh in, AND my numbers from the fitbit.

Then, we started our move, everything got packed, we were in a whirlwind for six months. I gained twenty pounds back pretty quick having to eat out. I decided in February I was tired of being fat.. I told miss T I was back on my diet.

"Whatever," she said, she had heard it all before.
I put my tracking pad on the fridge that morning.
My goal was 1500 or Less per day, never over 2000. I averaged 1250, had days below 1,000. A few around 1,700. Nothing higher. Weighed in this morning at 245.1. Steadily dropping.

It actually isn't that bad. Cut out most sweets, cut WAY back on breads. Heavy on vegetables. Smaller portions on meats. Surprised at how quickly I fell back into the rhythm. Saw my doc for my annual physical this week... He was happy, all my numbers are improved.
4 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Two Forties

Post by Sir Henry » Sun May 26, 2024 10:03 am

Good for you. Stick with it.

I moved here to Wisconsin next door to a pie maker and gained 20 pounds. I lost 15 pounds for my surgery and am struggling to lose the last 5. If you look at the tables from Met Life from the late 1930’s I’m only 4 pounds overweight so overall I’m in good shape. People tell me I’m skinny and although I don’t say it, I think they are fat.

I recently read that 42% of Americans are obese and they think that is the new norm. They try to body shame me into getting fat.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun May 26, 2024 10:58 am

Currently on a plan that does much of the same eat the big meal about 2pm. Vegies are eaten first small portions of meat. Chicken and fish portions can be a little bigger. Nuts and fruit especially berries are eaten in the evening. Im a berry lover Strawberries are filling and have very few calories. I alternate with apples sprinkled with cinnamon and a very small piece of cheese. I do also have some high protien bars around I use at times. Oatmeal with raspberries and a few almonds is king for breakfast. Hard boiled eggs are also great. Low cal. It is working for me down 20lbs now in about 3 weeks. But Im also able to ride my bike which I know is a plus. I might add and agree Marine its total discipline which Im sure being a Marine you know all about. When burgers and fires and cherry pies was simple back then kinda made a mess outa the body.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun May 26, 2024 11:54 am

It used to be a big breakfast for me. Pancakes, waffles, or grits, eggs, toast, bacon and or sausage. Now I usually limit it to a cup of grits, or oatmeal, and skip the rest. I might have two waffles. (180 calories.) Skip the syrup.

Lunch is a single burrito, or soup. Now and then a low cal sandwich but I try and limit bread intake of any kind.

Dinner is heavy on the veggies and a half or third the meat portion we used to have, and we don't have the snacks in the house we used to. I was a sucker for Oreos, M&Ms and Hershey's Kisses. If they aren't here, I can't slip. Sweet Tea was a weakness, but I just don't drink it. Miss T does, but I stick to water, or a diet soda now and then. I stay away from the fruit juices... that is a trap. Everyone says to drink fruit juice instead of soda, but you'd be surprised. Most of them are very HIGH in calories if you don't choose carefully.

Staying busy and occupied helps as well. Many people eat because they are bored. After surgeries I was often STUCK in the recliner or wheel chair for months and nothing to do but watch the TV, Read, and eat. Deadly combination. Now I try and work at the workbench in the shop as much as I can....
3 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sun May 26, 2024 2:42 pm

You guys are doing great!
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:05 am

Hey Marine how are you getting along with the 240’s. Im about to break into the 220’s. Hoping you are doing well
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:19 am

I hit the plateau, and curved back up and hovered at 250 for a bit, back in the 240s again. Same thing happened the last time, but I'm not letting it get me down, staying on track. If anything, taking a harder look at WHAT I eat, as well as how much. I had been allowing some bread, a small amount. Will cut that WAY back, to nearly nothing. Increase the veggies. I'm staying closer to 1,000 calories per day now. Still feel fine.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:20 pm

We all hit those plateau's but determination will win out. I love bread and its not a good relationship for the weight reduction. We have a local Texas Roadhouse restaurant. Maybe you have them there. We go out to eat there and they have those fresh hot rolls they serve with some cinnamon honey butter. Will power for me is required to go eat there because having one of those rolls is tempting. Wehn I do eat bread at home its always whole grain bread but lately its been no bread. I feel good also just wish my heart would behave.
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:10 pm

We used to go to Red Lobster, with their Chedder Bisquits, and our favorite seafood restaurant in Farmville with Crab Dip and French Bread. Our favorite steak house had Texas Toast. :twisted:

Loved them ALL. I can live without the breads. ;)
No, seriously, I can. :roll:
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:54 pm

Ya those biscuits at Red Lobster are definitely a go to when you go there. I could easily eat 2 of those then power through a full meal. I cant do that now the stomach has shrunk alot.
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55