Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by Redthies » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am

I’m out at the coast for work yesterday and today. I forgot how much I love heavy rain in heavy traffic when towing a customers $150,000 trailer🤣. Hope it’s drier today!

2 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am

^^^^^^
150K :shock:

38 here with a broken overcast, saw the moon earlier. Yesterday we had a half inch of cold rain which is quite a bit for us. Ugly day indeed. Today is supposed to be better with a high of around 50 or so. My wife has a mobile auto detail guy coming out today to clay bar and detail the exterior of her (?) jeep. It has some road rash type of scratches she is hoping he will be able to get out. We’ll see about that :roll: I got the garage ready for him in case it rains and he needs to work indoors.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm

well, the sky has cleared, the temp has dropped (low tonight 39) and the wind brings with a definite chill .... earlier today we decided to change our plan and to get out of the house for a while .... not having a Mall anywhere close by, we drive over to Home Depot .... we needed 2 items .... replacement carbon filter cartridges for our camper water purification system and some fire ant poison .... that was literally all we bought .... I pushed a buggy while we walked the isles ..... our goal in doing so was to burn a few calories .... Maureen can use her phone to keep track of her number of steps .... I have no clue how that works .... bottom line, the good news is we walked a bit over 2 miles .... the not so good news is, my bone on bone right knee got kind of angry over walking for over an hour on very hard surface ....
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 pm

Despite your dis-comfort, sounds like a worthwhile activity. I always enjoy a trip to the Depot! 😊
Hope your knee feels better.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 am

Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Partly Cloudy, 34°F,Humidity 67%
Wind Speed E 8 mph
Barometer 30.01 in
Dewpoint 24°F (-4°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Partly sunny, with a high near 65.
Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
On the road to home today. We're tired of RVing for a while.
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:26 am

Good morning, and a happy Good Friday.
It's 37 here in central W TN this AM and headed towards the mid 70's.
Be a perfect day for a scooter ride, alas I have to work. :roll:
Oh well, y'all enjoy.
Safe travels home coop.

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

graywolf
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by graywolf » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:50 am

Clear and a cool 38 this morning. Mid 70's this afternoon. Nice weekend ahead. Got the chicken wire up yesterday around the garden. I'm sore from yesterday, and it's a little early, but I'm gonna set out my tomatoes today.
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:55 am

35 with a partly cloudy sky today and sunny and 50 ish expected later. Today is the start of several nice days with temps peaking in the mid 60’s next week. Yesterday we had a couple of pretty intense hail storms but thankfully our hail is very small and mostly doesn’t damage anything. Typical March day, sun to clouds, hail to rain and them back to sun and rinse and repeat.

The auto detail guy was out yesterday and did a nice job putting a shine on my wife’s (?) jeep. I’ll take some pics in the sunshine today. My neighbor is home from wintering in socal and he is going to help me install the base plate for the tow setup. He has a lift and that’s going to save these old men backs of ours. I selected the permanent brake set up for it rather than the put in and take out every time brake system. It’s a pretty involved install so I’m going to have a local RV shop do the work once we get the base plate installed.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:18 pm

the morning started out with the temp in the upper 30's .... its been a beautiful one with a cloudless sky, some wind, and the temp has reached 71 .... I received an unexpected call early this morning from the place where I'm having physical therapy .... they had a cancellation and wanted to come in .... I was most happy to and the session went well .... we now have scheduled all of the appointments approved between now and the end of April .... shortly after returning from the therapy, we got a call that our '05 Trailblazer was ready to be picked up at a local garage where it had been since Monday having the AC repaired ....
0 x

graywolf
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by graywolf » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:32 am

Looking like another nice day ahead. 47 degrees heading towards 80 later. We looking at mid 80's possibly tomorrow. Not planning on doing much today. Still sore. May dress up some shooting backstops, but that will be from the tractor. Hope everybody has a good day.
0 x