Henry issues safety recall on all single shot rifles and shotguns made before July 1, 2020

Halloween Candy 2020

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
dasmoeturhead
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Halloween Candy 2020

Post by dasmoeturhead » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:38 pm

We live up a very long steep driveway, and in the past 5 years we haven't had any trick or treaters come up here, so we never buy candy for Halloween. There was this one lady with 4 kids that made the hike. I couldn't beleive my ears when I heard someone knocking on our door.
When I opened the door and saw the little gobblins, and told them I didn't have any candy. They sure we're sad, then I remembered the Reese's butter cups in the freezer. (That's my personal stash). Thankfully I had a bag, and they were all rewarded with a generous ration of them.
0 x
I'm a Ship that can't be Salvaged!

cooperhawk
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:22 pm

When I lived in Virginia, and I was single, I used to get a lot of children on Halloween. I had a tape of Henry Mancini's
"Experiment in Terror", and I would set up speakers in my Portico and play it. It was all the old spooky terror movie
music. :shock:
Then I dipped a big asbestos glove in red paint so the fingers looked like the were dripping blood.
When the children knocked I would crack the door and extend the glove with candy. Often times
I would open the door and they would be gone with no candy. :o

Gotta have a little fun with it.

One year I opened the door and found two local 12 year old girls. One in a suit and two in cocktail dresses.
I asked who they were and they replied, "two whores and and pimp.". I wonder if their parents, (who I knew
and they were both pretty straight laced), knew about them.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion, NRA (Life Member)
Vietnam 65-66 U S Army Aviaton

Hatchdog
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:49 am

Haven't’ had a trick or treater for 16 years since we moved rural. However when we last lived in a development we would have 200+ kids. Lots of fun handing out candy in reflection but it seemed like a pain in the butt back then. We were early risers so early to bedders so I hated those 9:00 pm door bell ringers.
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:44 pm

We don't get any kids way out here...
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
Early 1800's Frontier Long Rifle .50