Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Self Surgery

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Self Surgery

Post by Mistered » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:47 am

Do NOT read any further if you are squeamish !

Many years ago I had my right big toe crunched on during a parent/child 'scrimmage' soccer match.
Well my toenail was never quite right after that and never grew correctly.
Well, seversl weeks ago I smacked this toe on my woodstove hearth and dislodged the toenail.
It was at this point only attached at the cuticle and continued to loosen.
So after a sixer of local microbrew tonight
And a very sharp knife I 'removed' my toenail!
Toe is doing fine but a couple more beers would have helped!
2 x

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Self Surgery

Post by Lyman » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 am

I have crushed one of mine to the point I had to take a drill bit and slowly drill a hole in it to relieve the pressure and pain. I did sterilize the drill bit first.
I have a buddy that has sewn himself up after getting cut real bad. He was actually pretty good at it.
0 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:58 pm

Did something similar not too many years ago. When the toenail got loose enough to almost fall off on it's own, I just pulled it loose. That was the squeamish part for me, pulling it off. Surprised it didn't hurt at all.
Mistered wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:47 am
Do NOT read any further if you are squeamish !

Many years ago I had my right big toe crunched on during a parent/child 'scrimmage' soccer match.
Well my toenail was never quite right after that and never grew correctly.
Well, seversl weeks ago I smacked this toe on my woodstove hearth and dislodged the toenail.
It was at this point only attached at the cuticle and continued to loosen.
So after a sixer of local microbrew tonight
And a very sharp knife I 'removed' my toenail!
Toe is doing fine but a couple more beers would have helped!
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:07 pm

Lost a few due to injuries but they fell off by themselves. Cutting it loose sends shivers......
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:15 pm

This is not my only 'toe' issue...
A few years ago I was in a hurry to get to a B-day dinner for my sister and a stop at an LGS to make an offer on a S & W revolver I had been looking at - I always make it a point to make gun offers at minutes before they close....
Well while running out of the shower I slammed my LEFT foot into my wood stove hearth and caught my little toe and the next one to it STRAIGHT ON - yea - it brought me to my knees and I saw the 2nd toe was at about a 45 degree angle.
Well I caught my breath and jerked the toe to a straight position and hit the first aid kit for some tape and taped my toes up, got dressed and made the offer deal at the LGS and my sisters B-day dinner.
Later after coming home my foot was swelled up to about TWICE in the toe area but not getting any worse so I just lived on - such is life!
I WONT post pics unless anyone wants to see them!
0 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:32 am

On my woodworking forum there is a persistent (undoubtedly spurious) story of one of the members performing self surgery with a sharp woodworking chisel. This would be something a little more invasive than removing a damaged toenail. It is a story that just will not die a natural death.

BOM will know what I am talking about.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya