Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Winchester Model 120 Youth 20 ga

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Winchester Model 120 Youth 20 ga

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:10 pm

around 30 years ago we purchased a Winchester 20 ga pump shotgun from one of my wife's brothers .... he'd won it at a Pheasants Unlimited fund raiser and had no use for it .... it was the first shotgun both of our boys ever fired .... with two sons and 1 shotgun we had to purchase another one like it so that both boys would have one .... the one shown below ended up belonging to our youngest son .... he wanted to upgrade it for his son't use .... yesterday we picked it up from a gunsmith who installed the top of the line KICK-EEZ recoil pad shown below .... in addition he installed a mercury recoil suppressor in the stock and honed the barrel's forcing cone .... I'm looking forward to seeing how well our grandson handles it when we get home from Texas .... based on what we learn we may or may not send it to Mag-Na-Port ===> http://magnaport.com/sgun.html and have them port the barrel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: Winchester Model 120 Youth 20 ga

Post by Cofisher » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Cool. Started my boys on a shortened H&R 20 gauge. They were death on quail. I could shoot it one handed. They have since grown into shooters to embarrass me. Gotta love kids who get it.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Definitely a better gun than my first shotgun, namely, a cheap Sears 12 gauge single shot with a bent barrel, to boot. Let us know how it works for the boy.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:54 pm

will do
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:53 pm

JEBar wrote:...Winchester 20 ga pump shotgun... son wanted to upgrade it for his son't use .... yesterday we picked it up from a gunsmith who installed the top of the line KICK-EEZ recoil pad shown below .... in addition he installed a mercury recoil suppressor in the stock and honed the barrel's forcing cone .... I'm looking forward to seeing how well our grandson handles it
Nice 20ga pump, and great to be able to see a grandson using it, too. Really hope he likes it; I'd guess he will, especially with all that recoil control in place. And as usual, I like the wood, especially your close up of the color and grains on the wood pump forearm! ;)

PT7
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:36 pm

her history is that of a working shotgun .... she's been carried in the woods in all kinds of weather .... she's also spent many a day blasting holes in the sky during dove hunts .... once the boys got large enough to move up to 12 gauges, their 20's moved to the back of the vault where they remained for many years .... our grandson who will be using this one is slim and tall .... it will be a while before he'll be physically ready to take on a 12 ga so I anticipate this Winchester will get a good bit of use in the coming years
1 x