Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Cavalry O/U 12 ga

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: Cavalry O/U 12 ga

Post by ESquared » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:01 pm

JEBar wrote:
Cofisher wrote:NCG's comment appreciated. I may change my dream to a semi auto.
she's absolutely correct .... the Cavalry O/U shown in this thread was a gift .... one that I don't foresee selling .... I want to be able to use it but don't foresee doing so often .... when I go to the vault to get a shotgun for serious hunting or serious fun, I grab our Remington 11-87 12 ga the vast majority of the time .... saying a shotgun is fun to shoot doesn't happen often but ours is .... when I go to a trap range, I usually fire 100 to 150 rounds .... that is something I can't do with most other shotguns

JEB,
Did you shoot that Cavalry over the winter trip to TX (or elsewhere)? Just wondering...
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Cavalry O/U 12 ga

Post by JEBar » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:15 pm

Nope .... haven't fired it yet ..... while in Texas we also had a 20 ga youth Winchester pump shotgun worked on to reduce recoil .... I gave to our youngest son about 30 years ago ....my hope is to take our oldest grandson to a local range and let him shoot skeet for the first time ....figured I'd take the Cavalry along .... depending on how it does, I'll either leave it as is or send it to Mag-Na-Port
0 x