Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Ugartechia

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Ugartechia

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:00 pm

until Christmas morning, I don't recall of ever hearing of a Spanigh Made Ugartechia shotgun .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugartechea .... that was when I was given on made back in 1985 .... since then I've done some research and frankly, haven't learned very much .... it was an founded in 1922 in Eibar, Spain and remained in production until Sept of last year .... since then it has become a custom gun works producing limited numbers of high end firearms .... the one shown below has 28" fixed choke barrels, left full, right modified .... dual triggers .... it has a color case hardened receiver .... all in all, it is in excellent condition .... it is light weight and points easily .... I haven't fired it but have been told it kicks like a mule .... my plan it to take it with us to Texas next month and have it modified to reduce felt recoil .... I now have shotguns with semiautomatic, pump, over and under, and side by side actions .... it isn't a shotgun I would have purchased but since it was a gift (the only firearm I have ever received as a present), it will occupy a special spot in our collection .... I don't anticipate using it often but it will most certainly be included from time to time
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: Ugartechia

Post by Cofisher » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:08 pm

Yup, that’s a beauty. I have no collectors, but appreciate one when I see it.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

Jdl447
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Jdl447 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:42 pm

Nice, I really like SxS shotguns. Maybe try some low recoil shells? Just a suggestion.
Hope you enjoy it.
0 x
When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn't become a king. The palace becomes a circus.

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:10 pm

my issue with recoil stems from being on blood thinning meds .... consequently, I bruise easily .... I enjoy shooting big boomers .... to do so, I've had to come up with a way to reduce felt recoil ..... the combo above works for me ....
0 x

Jdl447
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Jdl447 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:18 pm

A good read about shotgun recoil.
http://www.chuckhawks.com/shotgun_recoil.htm
0 x
When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn't become a king. The palace becomes a circus.

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:31 pm

Jdl447 wrote:A good read about shotgun recoil.
http://www.chuckhawks.com/shotgun_recoil.htm
for the most part, I tend to agree with his observations .... III, V, & VII are pretty much what I've come to rely on .... the article didn't mention honing the forcing come .... I also agree with VIII in that the action of a semi auto does help reduce felt recoil .... that's the reason that I use a Remington 11-87 for most of my shotgun shooting
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:30 pm

That's a keeper.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50