Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My favorite shotgun

Jdl447
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: My favorite shotgun

Post by Jdl447 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:52 pm

Deadwood Dutch wrote:Great old shotgun!, Jdl.
My father bought new, he used it to hunt ducks here in Ohio
1 x
When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn't become a king. The palace becomes a circus.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:25 pm

my favorite shotgun is a 12 ga Remington 11-87 .... its been a hunter that's fired everything from slugs and buckshot to bird shot .... long ago it was upgraded by the addition of a Pachmayr Triple Mag Field Pad and had a Mercury Recoil Suppressor inserted in the stock .... she handles like a dream that allows me to fire a couple of hundred rounds during a morning's trap shoot .... she has a few dings and dents, she's earned everyone of them .... when the gun safe is opened and a shotgun is needed, the 11-87 comes out of the vault .... there is absolutely no way of knowing how many thousands of rounds she's sent down range since the early 90's .... she's never failed to load, eject, or fire
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

Bumpus
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Bumpus » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:25 pm

My Stoeger Condor 20 ga. O/U quickly became a favorite.

2 x

Jaker
Tenderfoot

Post by Jaker » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:51 pm

Browning maxus! Very little recoil with th 3.5" mag shotshells i always fire that makes a huge difference in target aquisition and compared to my old mossberg was just like a punch in the face. Nice non wood rubbery feeling stock, camo, because I dont want my swamp gun wood!! I also believe the ducks cant see it they have good eyesight,all other shotguns i have ever shot this is my favorite, i do also like my over under for trap.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:00 pm

we have a beautiful Ruger Red Label 12 ga O/U .... it sits in the vault and is seldom taken out .... the sucker kicks like a big mule ... we've owned it for over 25 years and its literally no fun to fire .... this coming January we plan to have a gunsmith install a mercury recoil suppressor and a top recoil pad .... if that doesn't calm it down we will have to decide if its worth keeping any longer or could the money be better spent on something we can enjoy using
1 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:48 am

My favorite I sold which was the 1897 I shot in CAS/CASS for yrs . My old age force me to get a 1878 SS .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:51 pm

tx gunrunner wrote:My favorite I sold which was the 1897 I shot in CAS/CASS for yrs . My old age force me to get a 1878 SS .
That 1897 sure looks familiar. :mrgreen:
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Jaker
Tenderfoot

Post by Jaker » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:58 pm

Jaker wrote:Browning maxus! Very little recoil with th 3.5" mag shotshells i always fire that makes a huge difference in target aquisition and compared to my old mossberg was just like a punch in the face. Nice non wood rubbery feeling stock, camo, because I dont want my swamp gun wood!! I also believe the ducks cant see it they have good eyesight,all other shotguns i have ever shot this is my favorite, i do also like my over under for trap.
0 x