Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I'm glad I went

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: I'm glad I went

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:35 pm

bandit1250 wrote:There has been guys clear down in Australia that would take that table. Funny how some times the table gets comments and the guns don't. :shock: :lol:
Growing up, we had a kitchen table (with matching chairs) exactly like that one. The color of ours was yellow, but the pattern was identical. Every time you post a picture that includes that table, you send me back in time to that little ticky tacky house where I lived until I was nearly 8. :)
2 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:38 pm

daytime dave wrote:They both look great. Right at home on that awesome table too!
I keep eyeing that table too. :D
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:43 pm

bandit1250 wrote: Dave, I should just give you that table. ;) :) But then I won't have any place to take my pictures. There has been guys clear down in Australia that would take that table. Funny how some times the table gets comments and the guns don't. :shock: :lol:
I'd be very suspicious of any large new molehills in your yard, Bandit. Those Aussies can be very resourceful when they want to be. ;)
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:40 am

I've commented on the table before. We had a red on growing up. A classic is a classic. I just love it.

Those 870s are also classics.
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

ditchparrot
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ditchparrot » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 pm

Congratulations on that find!

I was able to fulfill a longtime goal of obtaining a vintage Ithaca Model 37 16-gauge with fleur de lis checkering several years ago. Oddly enough, it came from a note on the bulletin board at my hunt club.
1 x
Henry Big Boy Rifle .357
Henry Classic .22
Henry Lever-Action .410
Henry Big Boy Revolver .357

Gregorsway
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Gregorsway » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:22 am

Nice find! You don't know unless you go. This works for duck, deer, and gun hunting! You've harvested a few great scatterguns there, Bandit!
0 x

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:10 am

Nice find Bandit. Good luck on the 16. I love a 16 gauge.

I still have one of those tables too along with the chairs!
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:41 am

bandit1250 wrote:I got my lazy butt up this morning at 4:45 even though it was very cold and got myself ready and went to a gun show in Pa. I almost changed my mind thinking I really didn't need any thing right now. Walked around and there was some nice stuff there but a little over priced. Then two or so isle ways over I saw a Remington 870 with the "corn cob" forearm. I have a weakness for the 50's 870's so I skipped the other isles and over I went. It was a little blue worn from carrying but it was made January, 1955 so that is expected. Other than honest hunting wear on mostly the bottom of the receiver bluing the gun looks to be very well cared for. 28" modified choke plain barrel 12 ga. My kind of shot gun I grew up with. Well I was able to make it mine and add it to my other corn cob Remington that is a minty condition 20 ga. I did really well on it by selling a brick of 17 Mach 2 ammo to a dealer there I only had to put $50 bucks out in cash so I am a happy guy right now. Now the search begins for a 16 ga. "corn cob" 870. ;) The 16's are not real common. These were made from 1950 until around '57. Then the forearms got bigger and not as trim looking as the early guns. My 20 ga. is at the top and my "new to me" 12 ga. is at the bottom.

Beautiful shotguns and I will have to show my husband your thread and pictures!

Thanks again.

Cate
1 x