Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

bond arms grip broken

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

bond arms grip broken

Post by Ernie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:28 pm

The rubber grip that came with my Bond Arms Rowdy 45 colt pistol came apart after about 6 months. The plastic on the inside of the rubber grip broke and the knurled nut pulled through. I have been carrying this in a holster and was a bit shocked. I liked the rubber but I will not replace it with another rubber grip at $40. Ordered a laminated cherry oversize grip and hope this lasts longer especially at the cost. I carry this loaded with 410 defensive rounds as it conceals well and I like to know I have two of these rounds in the gun and another couple in my watch pocket. But at $100 for this grip I think I have to get my carving knives out and get ready for the next time.
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: bond arms grip broken

Post by RetiredSeabee » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:24 pm

Have you contacted Bond Arms for a replacement? I have heard that they take customer satisfaction seriously.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:39 pm

I left a message on their customer service website.
Thanks
Ernie
0 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:39 am

That's the first thing I was thinking as well, contact them.

Let us know how it goes.

I also believe the Rubber Grips will become more plentiful in the near future. Many of us have plans on changing them out. I'm going to an extended wood set myself. Some of the prices are pretty reasonable out there.
0 x
NRA Member

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:27 pm

Seems like it would be a good idea to put a spacer of some kind over the bolt that would give some support to the grips while not impeding the hammer spring. It would ideally have some compression ability like maybe some O rings or rubber bushing. Would make the grips stronger since they are simply pulling each other together. Have to thing about it a bit.
0 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:46 pm

I haven't tried them yet of course, but I believe the Extended Grips will have better support than the small grips will. I like the look on how they fit in the pictures available out there.
0 x
NRA Member

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:23 pm

That is interesting. I thought a Bond to be pretty solid. I do not own one. But, they look solid, more beefier than a Davis.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:27 pm

There is nothing to support the grip except around the outside so it seems to me kind of vulnerable for the rubber grip. By the way, Bond Arms contacted me today and are sending me replacement grips at their expense. They do indeed back up their product.
Of course I couldn't wait so got a set of cherry jumbo grips delivered today. They are quite solid and feel pretty good in my hand but since they are smooth I am a little concerned. I do like the rubber grips as they are easy to keep hold of.
IMG_0836.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:36 pm

Nice look piece!
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:42 pm

Thanks, I went from the smallest grip to the largest. There is definitely more to hang on to and they are starting to grow on me.
1 x