Uberti Cattleman .45 Colt

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Uberti Cattleman .45 Colt

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:25 am

Rifletom wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:47 pm
Just saw the EMF line up of the same revolver. These look good. Anyone have info on these? Looking at the "Californian"' model. Thoughts?
The EMF revolvers are produced by Pietta, not Uberti. Both seem to have good reputations for quality and craftsmanship, but I'd take NCG's advice about researching availability and support. It could make a huge difference.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:27 pm

Just bought the EMF "Gunfighter" with extra .45acp cylinder, CCH frame and 4.75" barrel. As NCG mentioned, I did a little research and both Uberti and EMF seem very close in tooling, service(if needed). Both made in Italy on modern tooling.
Flip of the coin. I'll know more soon enough. Beer time!!
1 x

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:32 pm

Have 2 Uberti from Taylors and I think they are great. One 357 and one 45 colt.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:36 am

I have a birdshead single action on my bucket list. The Uberti will work when I find one at the same time I'm flush. I could also go with a Ruger. I'd prefer the 45, but will likely go with .357 so I don't have to set up another Dillon toolhead.
;)
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:56 am

....go ahead and order from Italy, what's a year and a half wait time in the big scheme of things.... :x
3 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:30 am

RanchRoper wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:56 am
....go ahead and order from Italy, what's a year and a half wait time in the big scheme of things.... :x
Know what you mean RR. Made in Italy, but, found here I USA. Ohio actually. Should be at the local FFL this coming week.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:37 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:36 am
I have a birdshead single action on my bucket list. The Uberti will work when I find one at the same time I'm flush. I could also go with a Ruger. I'd prefer the 45, but will likely go with .357 so I don't have to set up another Dillon toolhead.
;)
I also like the Ruger full size Blackhawk, because it can handle those nasty bear loads when and if I need them, but the Uberti Colts cannot. Unfortunately, Ruger specs the cylinder throats on all their 45 Colts to SAAMI specs for the smaller .451 jacketed bullets and even then, throats tend to be tight. If you plan to shoot heavy bear loads, then, be sure to shoot jacketed bullets, not lead or you could run pressures up too high. Most Ruger 45 owners ream the throats out to shoot the larger diameter lead bullets if they want to shoot lead. Uberti Colts, though, come right out of the box optimized to shoot lead.Just keep the loads down to traditional 45 Colt or a touch higher.
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:47 am

North Country Gal wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:37 am
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:36 am
;)
I also like the Ruger full size Blackhawk, because it can handle those nasty bear loads when and if I need them, but the Uberti Colts cannot. Unfortunately, Ruger specs the cylinder throats on all their 45 Colts to SAAMI specs for the smaller .451 jacketed bullets and even then, throats tend to be tight. If you plan to shoot heavy bear loads, then, be sure to shoot jacketed bullets, not lead or you could run pressures up too high. Most Ruger 45 owners ream the throats out to shoot the larger diameter lead bullets if they want to shoot lead. Uberti Colts, though, come right out of the box optimized to shoot lead.Just keep the loads down to traditional 45 Colt or a touch higher.
Thanks for the advice my friend, well thought out and well written, from first hand experience, as always. Something to keep in mind.

However, I am mainly considering the Single action just for the fun of it. My farm carry is usually the P220 or Kimber Tactical Ultra II, both in 45acp loaded with Federal Hydrashocks.

In the single action, I would probably shoot standard factory loads in the 44/45 or my lead reloads at moderate pressures in the .357. If we had a bear, boar, coyote problem, the 12 gauge slug should take care of it. We bought the Mossberg Shockwave everyone considered a joke to ride in the space between the seat cushion and seatback of the Ranger when riding the fence lines on the VA farm and it was perfect for that job. It was also much easier to shoot than expected. It will serve the same duty here. Six rounds of slug or buck. Good medicine for farm problems. :D
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:58 pm

Little update. That Pietta I bought in Ohio, well, they won't ship to Ca! I cancelled on the spot and waited for my full refund, which I received in 3 days. Ordered the "Gunfighter" series direct from EMF(local!) , did my Ca back ground and I should have it on the 27th! Hooray! It's a beauty.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:21 pm

Wont ship to Cal....................................stupid child saftey lock wont let me respond Tom
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55