Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

XS Big Dot for my P365

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

XS Big Dot for my P365

Post by GunnyGene » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:33 pm

Just couldn't make the Sig factory sights work for me. Took the plunge and ordered a XS Big Dot (DXT2) set today. These are designed for ease of target acquisition in a defensive situation, not for bullseye shooting. Since this a "town gun" I'll be carrying whenever I leave the property they are more suitable for that purpose, and as a backup house gun. Should be here sometime next week. :)

Here's the web site if anyone is interested in what they look like:

https://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx?PR ... &CAT=13224
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Re: XS Big Dot for my P365

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:24 pm

2nd session with the Big Dot sights. I think I'm getting the hang of these (and the P365). Looks like I'll need to drift the sight(s) a bit to move poi right. This was from 7yds standing isoceles - no rest or other support.

2 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:43 am

I've used the Big Dot sights on several of the guns I felt they are appropriate for, and you are exactly right, they aren't target sights, they are for old eyes and/or rapid sight acquisition. I put them on a Glock 26 and 27, neither of which are target guns by any stretch of imagination. :D They were a great addition. They CAME on my Smith model 340 357 snubby. Great there as well.

I like them a lot in the right application. :D
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:20 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:43 am
I've used the Big Dot sights on several of the guns I felt they are appropriate for, and you are exactly right, they aren't target sights, they are for old eyes and/or rapid sight acquisition. I put them on a Glock 26 and 27, neither of which are target guns by any stretch of imagination. :D They were a great addition. They CAME on my Smith model 340 357 snubby. Great there as well.

I like them a lot in the right application. :D
The thing that is irritating with this new gun/sights is that I can't shoot it as much as I normally would for a new piece. I don't want to burn thru a couple hundred rounds of ammo they way things are now. I've only fired about 30 rnds of mixed 115gr fmj and 135gr Hornady so far, and even el cheapo 9mm is getting scarce here.
0 x