Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Carry pistol for my wife

Greyhawk
Cowhand
United States of America

Carry pistol for my wife

Post by Greyhawk » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:13 pm

My wife and I just took our carry class together, her for a new permit, and for me a renewal. She had picked out a SIG .380 a few years ago and it is a great little pistol, but she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. It was very frustrating for her. The last time we were out I handed her my full size Walther Q5 Match and man oh man, the bad guys better watch out because she was a whole new shooter with that Walther. So I ordered her a mid-size Walther PPQ SC. this is a scaled down version but still takes a double stack mag, so it has a nice size grip. It comes with one 10 round and one 15 round extended mag.... She loves it and she shoots extremely well with it. It has a great trigger and is set up really well for both right and left hand shooters. I like the Olight flashlights and I put one on for her today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Carry pistol for my wife

Post by JEBar » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:10 pm

nice looking semi-auto .... first one I remember seeing
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:17 am

I taught private CCW classes on my range at the farm in VA, and allowed students who didn't already own their own firearm to get the feel of various guns during the classroom portion, and to use one of my guns during the range portion after lunch. (They could shoot as many as they liked, within reason, but extra guns were accessed a $10 cleaning fee.) I got tired of spending hours after the classes because they shot five from that one and ten from this one, oh, and a dozen from those two.

I found that most of the female shooters chose the Smith K or J frame revolver, or the Mid Size Glocks, although there were many exceptions over the years.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:25 am

Nice looking pistol, I have read from a few forums that the Walther pistols are often popular with women. The grip seems to suit them well and most say they are easy to rack the slide.
I may rent one next range trip to see for myself. But then maybe not...the temptation to bring one home might be too strong.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:59 am

That's all she needs is a pistol she can feel comfort with and get it on target. I bought my wife a Ruger LCR .357 several years ago for her CCW and load it with 38 Special +P. She does OK with it at close distance.
2 x