Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Recoil comparison

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Recoil comparison

Post by markiver54 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:43 pm

Well....I have to apologize for wasting anyone's time here. :oops: :oops: My Ditzy sister just texted me that she cannot get a pistol right now. Just got her part of the bill for some recent dental work, so cannot afford it.
Annoys me a bit. Knowing the bill was coming, she should have waited before seeking help on the pistol issue.
I have to thank you all again. At least I learned some things from your posts and to not help Sis on this again unless she is in the car, cash in hand. :roll: ;)
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:16 am

No apologies needed, always helpful to have great conversation regarding choices. Many will read this thread and learn from it. It’s a positive that your sister sees the value in having a pistol for protection and hopefully she will act on it when she can.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:46 am

markiver54 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:43 pm
Well....I have to apologize for wasting anyone's time here

At least I learned some things from your posts

absolutely no apology is appropriate ....I have no doubt that many of us have learned from reading this thread ... in fact, thanks are in order for starting this thread
3 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:53 am

Thank you guys...appreciated!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

brettitt41
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by brettitt41 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:31 pm

Now would be the time to go around to different shops and handle a lot of different handguns. Since an immediate purchase is not on the table no pressure to buy it now and have remorse later. Take her out for a day get some lunch and enjoy the time together. Then later when she is ready you can go in and make an informed purchase.
0 x
" Freedom is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear."

Henry H010 X

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:08 pm

Very good advise. Went to another LGS yesterday by myself. They had three Hellcats. Tried each one. Racking the slides was much more than I think my sister could handle. Harder than I want, to tell the truth. Guess things happen for a reason.
If she remains interested, I will guide her to an EZ.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:41 pm

Haven't shot a EZ but have handled one, a good friend of mine is wanting to get a small 9mm and she had no problem racking the slide. Another big improvement is it has a one piece trigger instead of the hinged 2 piece trigger other S&W M&P's have. I had a full size M&P and I hated that trigger.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:19 am

dave77 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:41 pm
Haven't shot a EZ but have handled one, a good friend of mine is wanting to get a small 9mm and she had no problem racking the slide. Another big improvement is it has a one piece trigger instead of the hinged 2 piece trigger other S&W M&P's have. I had a full size M&P and I hated that trigger.
Thanks for the info Dave!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Jerrysea
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Jerrysea » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:29 pm

Son just bought a smith ez 9. Think one of the reasons is that his wife has no problem racking the slide. She is now interested in getting one but can not decide if she want the 9 or the 380. The 380 is even easier.
The mags also have nibs on it to help load them. Makes it easy. No need for a loader device such as mag lula.
They are single stack, 8 rounds. The Hellcat and sig 365 hold more and are a little smaller.
We have a 365 m\s. that is my wife does. She likes it, but is not new to shooting.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:38 pm

Jerrysea wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:29 pm
Son just bought a smith ez 9. Think one of the reasons is that his wife has no problem racking the slide. She is now interested in getting one but can not decide if she want the 9 or the 380. The 380 is even easier.
The mags also have nibs on it to help load them. Makes it easy. No need for a loader device such as mag lula.
They are single stack, 8 rounds. The Hellcat and sig 365 hold more and are a little smaller.
We have a 365 m\s. that is my wife does. She likes it, but is not new to shooting.
"Easy" does not enter into the Personal Defense equation. Nor does the color of the weapon have to match her wardrobe, lip gloss, or eyes. ;)
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.