Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Taurus G2c - Is it any good?

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Taurus G2c - Is it any good?

Post by Hrfunk » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:31 am

Here's my review of the G2c. Let me know what you think of it!

Howard

https://youtu.be/J1gWWXBqkqY
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Taurus G2c - Is it any good?

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:51 am

Hi Howard
I see the reviews on this gun are good. But for me after being burned twice by Taurus the only way I would ever own another is if they gave me one. There customer service is terrible.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ChefDuane » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:17 am

I have 2 PT111G2's that have been rock solid. Excellent gun for the money. However, it seems with Taurus you either get a gem or a lemon. And if you do have a problem, better to take care of it yourself or use a gunsmith. Never, ever, EVER, send your Taurus back to Taurus Customer Service for ANYTHING. They have been known to keep guns for MONTHS with no communication or updates. I participate in the Taurus discussion group and horror stories of Taurus lack of acceptable customer service is rampant. They have a new CEO who has vowed to change that but it will take time.
0 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:53 am

the only Taurus we have ever purchased was 30+ years ago .... it is patterned after a Smith Chief Special .... not only zero issues but it has proven to be very dependable as well ... all that being said, from the horror stories I've heard, we would not consider purchasing another firearm made by them
1 x

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:59 am

I know what you all are saying. My past experience with Taurus products was not terribly favaorable and the TX22 I reviewed recently didn't do much to change that. Even so, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the G2c. If they all run like the one I reviewed, they give you a lot of pistol for $200.

Howard
0 x