Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hellcat vs. J-frame for CCW

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Hellcat vs. J-frame for CCW

Post by Hrfunk » Wed May 27, 2020 10:44 am

Here's a comparison between he tried and true and the new kid on the block. Let me know your thoughts!

Howard

https://youtu.be/Aa0Oq_9eOd4
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Re: Hellcat vs. J-frame for CCW

Post by GunnyGene » Wed May 27, 2020 11:43 am

Too much concern with size and weight. Capacity wins in this comparison.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed May 27, 2020 1:04 pm

just curious .... given equal circumstances, which one are you the most accurate with (specially on the first shot) .. :?:
0 x

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Wed May 27, 2020 1:48 pm

JEBar wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:04 pm
just curious .... given equal circumstances, which one are you the most accurate with (specially on the first shot) .. :?:
As much as I hate to admit it, I think that would be the Hellcat. The trigger and sights on that little pistol make a big difference. The D/A pull on the 342 is smooth, but long and somewhat heavy, and the sights are not nearly as visible.

Howard
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:00 pm

I have been very interested in the Hellcat ever since I first became aware of it.
Not much thicker than my XDS, and a significant increase in capacity. If I could step back to pre-purchase of my XDS and the Hellcat was available; would have definitely gone with the Cat!!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Wed May 27, 2020 2:26 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:00 pm
I have been very interested in the Hellcat ever since I first became aware of it.
Not much thicker than my XDS, and a significant increase in capacity. If I could step back to pre-purchase of my XDS and the Hellcat was available; would have definitely gone with the Cat!!
Likewise, but haven't been able to find one locally, and I don't buy guns without at least handling them, and preferably shooting a few rounds first. I'll spring the $5 or so for a test drive.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed May 27, 2020 2:32 pm

Hrfunk wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:48 pm
As much as I hate to admit it, I think that would be the Hellcat. The trigger and sights on that little pistol make a big difference. The D/A pull on the 342 is smooth, but long and somewhat heavy, and the sights are not nearly as visible.

Howard
makes sense .... opinion appreciated
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed May 27, 2020 3:31 pm

GunnyGene wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:26 pm
markiver54 wrote:
Likewise, but haven't been able to find one locally, and I don't buy guns without at least handling them, and preferably shooting a few rounds first. I'll spring the $5 or so for a test drive.
Same here Gunny! Like to at least handle, if not shoot first. Have not had the chance yet to look very extensively, locally. Hope when time allows, I can find one.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Wed May 27, 2020 4:09 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:31 pm
GunnyGene wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:26 pm
markiver54 wrote:
Same here Gunny! Like to at least handle, if not shoot first. Have not had the chance yet to look very extensively, locally. Hope when time allows, I can find one.
I missed one at the Academy in Tupelo by about 2 weeks. Counter guy said they were going to order a couple more next month. Priced at $503, which seems a little steep to me. Then there's 7% tax and NCIS fee of $25 which would put it at $563 out the door. I'll wait till our tax holiday rolls around in late Aug. before buying anyway.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:48 pm

We have yet to get up to our summer cabin because of the extended tax deadline. ( wifes' an accountant ). However, when we do, the LGS up there is amazing, and I don't doubt that he will have one. Have bought most of my guns there and his prices can't be beat. He also stocks more Henrys than anywhere I've ever seen. ( Prices Creek General Store ) in Burnsville NC.
He's always well below MSRP, and sometimes even less for cash.
3 x
I'm your Huckleberry