Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

M&P9 2.0 vs. Minnesota LEO Handgun Qualification

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

M&P9 2.0 vs. Minnesota LEO Handgun Qualification

Post by Hrfunk » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:33 am

Hi all! Here's my latest qualification video. In this one I'm taking on a course from Viking land with my M&P9. I hope you like it!

Howard

https://youtu.be/69SbRrA5-PY
2 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: M&P9 2.0 vs. Minnesota LEO Handgun Qualification

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:31 am

Howard,

I caught that yesterday when it hit you tube, and I have to say two things stood out for me.

First:

I immediately agreed that the lack of time constraints was a concern, however I would expect that many of the individual departments add them, if the rules allow "additions." I would hazard a guess that state qualification made simpler is simply a cost cutting issue for the many smaller departments as they may not be able to spend the funds to requal officers who fail on the first pass. Overtime, ammo, lost work days... They add up.

Funny thing, take away the time constraint, and you will still have those who will spray rounds down range, missing and throwing away points, no matter how often you advise them to take their time. :?

Secondly, your groups... I think that wrapping your hand around an old friend whom you knew well had as much to do with your excellent groups as the generous time limits. YOU still shot fairly quickly thru the course... Your confidence was evident. Go Marine. :)
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:34 am

Ha, ha! Thank you! Based upon some of the feedback I'm getting from officers in MN, it sounds like there is a great deal of "variety" in the qualification courses used in that state. I don't know for sure which agency uses the one I demonstrated in this video, but it sounds as though some of the departments there have a much more challenging qualification.

Howard
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:45 am

Such feedback from MN LEOs sounds like it might be useful in your final 50-state research report. I betcha there are a lot of officers' opinions out there on the good-bad-ugly of their state's evaluation standards. Why not include perspective of "where the rubber hits the road?" (...or where the bullet hits the target?) ;)

As an "appendix" to your final written report, it could be titled (suggestion) "Officers' Evaluations of Home-State Qualification." That would not be a "solicited" data source, but if you continue getting feedback from other states' LEOs, those who develop the qual standards just might perk up to improve training, etc., for their officers.

Just a thought.
PT7
Hrfunk wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:34 am
...feedback I'm getting from officers in MN...
2 x

~Пока~

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:02 am

PT7 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:45 am
Such feedback from MN LEOs sounds like it might be useful in your final 50-state research report. I betcha there are a lot of officers' opinions out there on the good-bad-ugly of their state's evaluation standards. Why not include perspective of "where the rubber hits the road?" (...or where the bullet hits the target?) ;)

As an "appendix" to your final written report, it could be titled (suggestion) "Officers' Evaluations of Home-State Qualification." That would not be a "solicited" data source, but if you continue getting feedback from other states' LEOs, those who develop the qual standards just might perk up to improve training, etc., for their officers.

Just a thought.
PT7
Hrfunk wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:34 am
...feedback I'm getting from officers in MN...
That's an interesting idea. The amount of feedback I get fluctuates course to course and state to state, but if I can figure out a way to correlate the info I might be able to compile just such a reference.

Howard
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:50 am

Thanks Howard. I enjoyed it, especially because your M&P is not a lot different than my Springfield XDS9. Certainly cannot shoot as well as you though, Great shooting!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:46 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:50 am
Thanks Howard. I enjoyed it, especially because your M&P is not a lot different than my Springfield XDS9. Certainly cannot shoot as well as you though, Great shooting!
Thank you Mark!

Howard
0 x