Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hellcat

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Re: Hellcat

Post by Ernie » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:21 pm

It is a matter of preference. Got rid of my Glocks and bought some 1911s. Also carry revolvers.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:36 pm

Ernie wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:21 pm
It is a matter of preference. Got rid of my Glocks and bought some 1911s. Also carry revolvers.
Aaaah! There are those beautiful boats. :)
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:31 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:54 pm
dave77 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:38 pm
Interesting, but too similar to an XDS for me. Read on the XDS forum that lots of people could shoot accurately with the XDS but not me, shot quite a few rounds before selling mine but I never could shoot it worth a darn.

I recently handled a P365 SAS at a LGS and I would really like to shoot one. Very interesting sights and a ported barrel.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-sas.html
Handled one of those yesterday as well. Unique sites, didn't like them, nor did anyone else in attendance.
Hellcat has higher capacity as well.
I like my XDS. Shoots as good as can be expected for a point and shoot SD weapon.
Conceals very well also.
I wasn't sure about the sights either but read some comments from people who had shot it saying they liked them when they got used to them, that's why it would be nice to shoot it.

Agree about the ease of concealing the XDS, I had a kydex IWB holster for mine and could almost forget I was carrying it. Got a nice leather OWB for my PX4c and it conceals OK and is fairly comfortable to wear. I'm a lot better shot with it and I really prefer a DA/SA for concealed carry although I see that Springfield now has the XDE which looks to basically be a DA/SA XDS.
1 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:33 pm

Hellcat is Springfield's answer to the Sig P365. My son bought one last year and I have shot it and it is a nice little package for a CCW.
I have the brawny XDE 3.3 in .45 ACP and impressed with its fit and function and the options you have for carrying it with one in chamber and one of the smallest semi-autos in 45 ACP.

I just love the big bullets and haven't yet fell into the 9mm groove yet.

Well I can shoot you 12 times with a 9 or only need 6 or 7 with a 45 :lol: !
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:45 pm

fortyshooter wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:33 pm
Hellcat is Springfield's answer to the Sig P365. My son bought one last year and I have shot it and it is a nice little package for a CCW.
I have the brawny XDE 3.3 in .45 ACP and impressed with its fit and function and the options you have for carrying it with one in chamber and one of the smallest semi-autos in 45 ACP.

I just love the big bullets and haven't yet fell into the 9mm groove yet.

Well I can shoot you 12 times with a 9 or only need 6 or 7 with a 45 :lol: !
Good point forty...in reality; only 2 or 3 shots, and combat is over, regardless of caliber. Shot placement is the bottom line.
How often is there a civilian self defense situation that more than 2 to 6 rounds are dispensed before it's over. Usually less.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:03 am

Only one if your a good shot, second robber was running away before his partner hit the ground.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/ ... orgia.html

or not a civilian and different circumstances but 28 rounds fired by this Deputy and only 1 hit, on the guy's finger.

https://www.yakimaherald.com/news/crime ... c6bc3.html
0 x