Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

M9A3 vs. Connecticut LEO Qualification Course

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

M9A3 vs. Connecticut LEO Qualification Course

Post by Hrfunk » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:31 am

Hi all! Here is number 24 in this series. I hope you all like it!

Howard

https://youtu.be/MUOzzMzGSwU
2 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: M9A3 vs. Connecticut LEO Qualification Course

Post by PT7 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:18 am

That M9A3 looks like a very reliable and accurate semi-auto. You about shredded that center bull. No reload components for this qual, but with that double-stack magazine (is yours the 17-round version?), reloading wouldn't very often be required in a event. Lots of rounds available at a single load.

BTW, the single miss you had was the last shot taken in that stage. With the other 59/60 POIs definitely in target, it is of no never mind. Excellent shooting. CT would definitely qualify and hire you, Chief! ;)

Looking forward to the next round.
PT7
0 x

~Пока~

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:03 am

PT7 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:18 am
That M9A3 looks like a very reliable and accurate semi-auto. You about shredded that center bull. No reload components for this qual, but with that double-stack magazine (is yours the 17-round version?), reloading wouldn't very often be required in a event. Lots of rounds available at a single load.

BTW, the single miss you had was the last shot taken in that stage. With the other 59/60 POIs definitely in target, it is of no never mind. Excellent shooting. CT would definitely qualify and hire you, Chief! ;)

Looking forward to the next round.
PT7
Thank you! I spotted that errant shot when I reviewed the video. I'm still not sure what happened since it looked good when the trigger broke. Oh, well! My M9A3 does have the 17-shot magazines and it is a pleasure to shoot. I still think that's the pistol the Army should have adopted.

Howard
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:25 am

I was impressed with your shooting, but the course was another that had generous time limits and reloads outside the time constraints. Otherwise, not too bad, the window and kneeling, shooting from both sides of the "barricade" were a nice touch.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:40 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:25 am
I was impressed with your shooting, but the course was another that had generous time limits and reloads outside the time constraints. Otherwise, not too bad, the window and kneeling, shooting from both sides of the "barricade" were a nice touch.
From what I've learned, this course was originally devised back when most officers carried 6-shot revolvers. If you envision a revolver reload after every six shots in the course, the time limits start to make a LITTLE more sense. Still, I think they were a might generous even for wheelgunners.

Thanks for watching,
Howard
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:04 pm

I liked the course. The window was a nice touch. Generous time for reloading aside, it was a nice course overall. Not too bad for a state wide course.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member