Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Rugar Mark re-assembly

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Rugar Mark re-assembly

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:40 am

I have a current Mark IV 22/45 Ultra lite with a Burris fast fire on it. I like it alot. But Local pawn shop has a Mark II slabside target model Ive been kind of eye balling.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:57 am

NCG is right about the negative things Ruger did with the Mark III. As much as I prefer a MK. II I have a MK. III Hunter with a Redfield red dot on it that shoots better groups than my wife's slab side stainless target model and her MK. II is a very good shooter. The trigger and the dumb things Ruger did to the III make it not as desirable as the II. The MK. II is with out a doubt the cream of the crop when it comes to the MK series. They had it right then took a step back wards to fix things that worked better before the changes that were made. My MK III even with its factory trigger is better than the MK IV trigger and is much better to look at. I don't like looking at a pistol with a hinge in it. Just me. It is a matter of taste to the individual that is buying one. Makes the earlier MK's a bit cheaper to buy with folks wanting the MK. IV.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:09 am

PJM wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:22 am
I was considering a .22 pistol and am a big Ruger fan as I own 4. Are the current Marks that bad? Is their a better choice?
I have a Ruger MkIV 22/45 which operates well. Early-on I needed to send it to Ruger CS for a magazine release problem, and a check on rear sight mounting. Both items were handled well, and no big issues since then.

PT7
0 x

~Пока~

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:26 pm

I've never owned a Mark IV so I can't add much on those other than to say that what I see in comments on them is overall pretty positive. Hopefully, some MK IV owners will chime in for us.

I don't own a Mark IV because the takedown issue for many has never been an issue for me. That, and the MK IV action is different than previous Mark models, so I'd just as soon stay with what I know.
0 x