Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Old Friend Comes Home

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Old Friend Comes Home

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:39 am

I agree. Nice work with the J frame. It was made for that kind of distance.
0 x

Top Dog
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Top Dog » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:12 am

BrokenMarine,
I cannot help but say that those two were meant and made for each other!!

I have a friend who retired from NYPD and was able to keep her personally purchased Model 10 heavy barrel and Chief's special that she carried as an authorized back up.

As an old police firearms instructor,I cannot help but notice when folks just have a few shots,they tend to be more accurate. Put a "lots of shots" in their hand and they tend to spray and pray.

Top Dog
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:50 am

Great story, thanks for sharing! So nice that the snubby came full circle for you!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:03 am

Top Dog wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:12 am
BrokenMarine,
I cannot help but say that those two were meant and made for each other!!

I have a friend who retired from NYPD and was able to keep her personally purchased Model 10 heavy barrel and Chief's special that she carried as an authorized back up.

As an old police firearms instructor,I cannot help but notice when folks just have a few shots,they tend to be more accurate. Put a "lots of shots" in their hand and they tend to spray and pray.

Top Dog
I hate to say I agree with you, but... I agree with you. :P

Teaching firearms in the academy for our department, we would have the Commonwealth's Attorney for the County come in and give a nice lecture before graduation, letting the recruits know that each and every bullet they sent downrange had their name on it... and they were responsible for each and every one. The post shooting investigation would want to KNOW that they were aware of where they were "SENDING" the rounds. Spray and Pray was NOT a department approved technique. :D

I attended two NRA LE Firearms Instructor Courses held at Quantico during my tenure as an Instructor for the Department. One was taught by a Former SAS Member, and the other by the Chief Instructor for LE for the NRA... a former Secret Service Agent... Both were great guys and loads of anecdotes to share to reinforce the subject matter in the courses. The Former Secret Service agent spoke of pursuing a pair of suspects down an alley with his partner and they took cover behind two cars, and he and his partner took cover behind dumpsters on either side of the mouth of the alley. His partner opened up with his 38 snubby, sounding like a mini-machine gun when they came under fire. 18 rounds as fast as he could speed load the little Smith and Wesson. "I'm out," the partner calls across the alley, "toss me a speed loader."

"Did you hit anything?" our guy asks the partner.

"Nah, don't think so?"

"Then stay behind cover and wait for our backup. I'll hold onto my ammo in case I get a shot at something, I can hit." :D

His point was WELL taken. ;)
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Top Dog
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Top Dog » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:52 am

BrokenMarine,
Yep,I agree with you 100% and the point is well taken!!

Top Dog
0 x