Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Walther P-38 vs. south Carolina Handgun Course

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Walther P-38 vs. south Carolina Handgun Course

Post by Hrfunk » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:40 am

Here's this week's installment in this series. I hope you all like it!

Howard

https://youtu.be/AQS_5xu-yTA
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Walther P-38 vs. south Carolina Handgun Course

Post by PT7 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:39 am

In the youtube commentary, someone caught the math correction of 48/50 = 96% Even better!
Yes, 90% seemed low...usually you shoot higher, and the math proves it so again.
Good course completion. :)

BTW, just my impression. Seemed to me your non-dominant hand shooting was even more steady with this pistol...looked very solid.

PT7
0 x

~Пока~

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:27 am

PT7 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:39 am
In the youtube commentary, someone caught the math correction of 48/50 = 96% Even better!
Yes, 90% seemed low...usually you shoot higher, and the math proves it so again.
Good course completion. :)

BTW, just my impression. Seemed to me your non-dominant hand shooting was even more steady with this pistol...looked very solid.

PT7
Thank you! You're right, my shooting was better than my arithmetic this time around. The pistol felt good in my hand, but the D/A trigger and very small sights caused me to work a little harder. When I fired with my non-dominant hand, the pistol was already in S/A mode. That might have been what you were noticing. A few years ago, I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand. For several months, I was shooting totally with my left. I think I improved my non-dominant hand shooting during that time. That said, I managed to blow what should have been an easy shot with my left hand in a video I recorded last Friday. You'll see that one in all its splendor in a couple or weeks.

Howard
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:59 pm

love a P-38, it was the first semi auto handgun that I fired .... seeing you reloading brought back memories of the magazine release .... as did your mention of the sights .... as I recall, the double action trigger pull was heavy and had a good bit of creep .... the single action trigger pull was crisp with almost no creep .... no clue why I remember that .. :? ... enjoyed the video
0 x

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:26 am

JEBar wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:59 pm
love a P-38, it was the first semi auto handgun that I fired .... seeing you reloading brought back memories of the magazine release .... as did your mention of the sights .... as I recall, the double action trigger pull was heavy and had a good bit of creep .... the single action trigger pull was crisp with almost no creep .... no clue why I remember that .. :? ... enjoyed the video
Thank you! The D/A pull on the pistol in the video was on the stout side. That, and the relatively small sights made me work a bit during the first shot in some of those stages!

Howard
0 x