Share something with us about your favorite Henry model

CZ Tactical Sport Orange

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: CZ Tactical Sport Orange

Post by Ernie » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:00 pm

looks sweet. Interested in your range report.
0 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:13 pm

Ernie wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:00 pm
looks sweet. Interested in your range report.
Thank you sir.

I wouldn't say it looks as sweet as my 1911s, But the checkering is just as good as my Dan Wesson. A bit less checkering but still as nice. It's certainly much better than what was on the first iteration of the Tactical Sports.

I hope to be able to get to the range the first part of next week.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:47 pm

That looks exactly like the shadow 2. Im curious as to how you like it when you shoot it. Hickok 45 said of the shadow 2 that its a tank and well made. But he really liked the gun.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:00 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:47 pm
That looks exactly like the shadow 2. Im curious as to how you like it when you shoot it. Hickok 45 said of the shadow 2 that its a tank and well made. But he really liked the gun.
Yep, I just watched his video yesterday. Previously I just searched out those on the TSO but I decided to look at the Shadow and found his so I watched it. I always enjoy his videos.

The TSO is slightly longer and weighs just a tad more than the Shadow 2 so trust me it’s a tank as well. Just a bit bigger and heavier than my 1911. The biggest difference between the Shadow 2 and the TSO is that the TSO is SAO. Of course the TSO has the thumb rest. But really it’s that the TSO is SAO. That and the trigger on the TSO is supposed to be lighter than the Shadow in single action. The Shadow 2 looks like a great gun but since I intend for this to be a range toy only that lighter trigger is what I was looking for. I think the Shadow 2 would make a great range gun and definitely a better night stand gun than the TSO. If I remember correctly the Shadow 2 has a rail and besides the TSO with that real light trigger may just not be the best choice for that purpose.

The TSO does really appear to be well made and I am really impressed with the checkering. Basically it’s about the same checkering if not more lines per inch than my Dan Wesson Valor. I can’t say the finish they use is quite as nice as the duty finish on my Dan Wesson although both are black and the CZ design in my opinion is not as refined as a 1911 but it definitely appears to be a very well made gun and fit and finish is good as well. If the grip angle isn’t the same it’s pretty darn close to the 1911.
0 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am

dddrees wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:00 am
BigAl52 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:47 pm
Yep, I just watched his video yesterday. Previously I just searched out those on the TSO but I decided to look at the Shadow and found his so I watched it. I always enjoy his videos.

The TSO is slightly longer and weighs just a tad more than the Shadow 2 so trust me it’s a tank as well. Just a bit bigger and heavier than my 1911. The biggest difference between the Shadow 2 and the TSO is that the TSO is SAO. Of course the TSO has the thumb rest. But really it’s that the TSO is SAO. That and the trigger on the TSO is supposed to be lighter than the Shadow in single action. The Shadow 2 looks like a great gun but since I intend for this to be a range toy only that lighter trigger is what I was looking for. I think the Shadow 2 would make a great range gun and definitely a better night stand gun than the TSO. If I remember correctly the Shadow 2 has a rail and besides the TSO with that real light trigger may just not be the best choice for that purpose.

The TSO does really appear to be well made and I am really impressed with the checkering. Basically it’s about the same checkering if not more lines per inch than my Dan Wesson Valor. I can’t say the finish they use is quite as nice as the duty finish on my Dan Wesson although both are black and the CZ design in my opinion is not as refined as a 1911 but it definitely appears to be a very well made gun and fit and finish is good as well. If the grip angle isn’t the same it’s pretty darn close to the 1911.
0 x