Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A code stamp on my MkIV 22/45?

PT7
Drover
United States of America

A code stamp on my MkIV 22/45?

Post by PT7 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:59 pm

I just finished cleaning my Ruger MkIV 22/45 after my range visit today. First time I've seen this on any firearm. Maybe I've just never seen one before. Anyway, in my photo (sorry for the blurred shot), look where the pen is pointing. This square stamp is under the barrel, almost directly below the feed ramp on this pistol.

DSCN3377.JPG

This looks like a QR Code to me. Is it? What would be the purpose of it on the barrel of a pistol?

:roll: Curious :roll: Curious :roll:

PT7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

~Пока~

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: A code stamp on my MkIV 22/45?

Post by Mistered » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:07 pm

This looks like a QR Code to me. Is it? What would be the purpose of it on the barrel of a pistol?
I don't know what you mean by 'QR Code' (maybe you mean't QC ?)
Guns are subject to several testing and proofing procedures and this may no doubt be a marking to qualify something.
I have many very old guns that have so many marks and weird symbols on them I don't even think about it anymore.
Depending on where a gun was shipped it could have been subject to more testing (and subsequent marking) if required by the country it was shipped to.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:27 pm

I don't know what you mean by 'QR Code' (maybe you mean't QC ?)
QR means "quick response." They can be used to connect persons to marketing sights. At the same time, they can be set up to "track" persons or info.

Your suggestion makes more sense. In production of the pistol, the look at "testing and proofing procedures," which are more focused on quality control, is okay stuff.
0 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:43 pm

I tried the QR code reader app from my phone on the image. Couldn't read it.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234