Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

S&W Model 19 vs. Arizona Semi-Auto Qualification

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

S&W Model 19 vs. Arizona Semi-Auto Qualification

Post by Hrfunk » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:38 am

I think a lot of you are going to like this one!

Howard

https://youtu.be/LWXWrU9viHM
2 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: S&W Model 19 vs. Arizona Semi-Auto Qualification

Post by PT7 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:24 am

Howard, do you ever have that DA trigger mastered! Especially as you were shooting within some of the time restraints at almost a rapid fire sequence. Since the Combat Magnum is not your duty gun, do you fairly often practice it? Your handling says to me "yes."

Just my thought. The Model 19 could still be a most useful duty gun for an LEO, particularly with a double pouch of speed loaders at the ready. If I were a Chief of Police, it would cross my mind to re-institute its use in the department. Of course, with considerable thinking through current armament out there.

From a wheel gun guy.
0 x

~Пока~

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:50 am

PT7 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:24 am
Howard, do you ever have that DA trigger mastered! Especially as you were shooting within some of the time restraints at almost a rapid fire sequence. Since the Combat Magnum is not your duty gun, do you fairly often practice it? Your handling says to me "yes."

Just my thought. The Model 19 could still be a most useful duty gun for an LEO, particularly with a double pouch of speed loaders at the ready. If I were a Chief of Police, it would cross my mind to re-institute its use in the department. Of course, with considerable thinking through current armament out there.

From a wheel gun guy.
Thank you! I've never carried a revolver as a duty weapon, but I have spent a fair amount of time shooting them and I've carried several for off-duty and back-up purposes. I'm also certified by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission as a revolver instructor, so I have a professional responsibility to keep my wheelgun skills up to snuff. Plus, that Model 19 just made me look good!

Thanks for watching,
Howard
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:13 pm

Another great vid HR. I did carry a revolver as a duty weapon for my first few years in patrol, a Model 64. We carried them loaded with the lead semi wad cutter hollow point +p+, also known as the "FBI Load.". Funny, I never felt undergunned. :D

Mostly it was the push from the younger Officers wanting a transition to the semi-auto that pushed the swap. "It will be lighter and more accurate." :roll: The Glock 22 with three full mags, wasn't lighter than the 64 with two speedloaders.

Again, nice job on the course.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:54 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:13 pm
Another great vid HR. I did carry a revolver as a duty weapon for my first few years in patrol, a Model 64. We carried them loaded with the lead semi wad cutter hollow point +p+, also known as the "FBI Load.". Funny, I never felt undergunned. :D

Mostly it was the push from the younger Officers wanting a transition to the semi-auto that pushed the swap. "It will be lighter and more accurate." :roll: The Glock 22 with three full mags, wasn't lighter than the 64 with two speedloaders.

Again, nice job on the course.
Thank you! I was probably one of those "younger officers" back in the day. I like to think I've learned a thing or two since then.

Howard
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:24 pm

You proved your mastery once again, HR! Thanks for sharing. Really great work!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:34 pm

Hard to beat a M-19 !
A 4" M-19 rode on my hip for 100s of miles hiking, backpacking etc.
Now its a M-66 but essentially the same gun, just stainless.
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:25 pm

Another good one Howard! You are a great shot. Especially like the revolver videos myself.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:08 am

markiver54 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:25 pm
Another good one Howard! You are a great shot. Especially like the revolver videos myself.
I’m glad you do. I always enjoy using a revolver to shoot these courses.

Howard
1 x