Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Ruger Vaqero Limited

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Ruger Vaqero Limited

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:17 am

I love the looks of the old Single Actions and one is certainly high on my bucket list. However, I wouldn't buy something I wouldn't want to shoot, unless I planned to start a reserved parking section in my safe. Some limited edition guns do appreciate in value, if they are NIB, especially with the box and all their paperwork. I have had the opportunity to buy a number of limited edition runs, and chose to spend the difference in price on a good quality holster or ammo, more ammo. :D

With that being said, if that price puts the gun near the price of a standard Ruger model, I would buy it and make it my BBQ gun. :lol:
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:50 am

Did not buy it, looking at it and wanted some opinions. I don’t think I would shoot it so I do not think I will buy.
3 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:42 pm

I agree. Looks "too nice" to shoot.

Unless I had piles of money and would probably just display it only anyway, I would just rather have a regular Vaquero, like I already have, lol.
1 x
NRA Member

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:12 pm

PT7 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:57 am
2nd comment, with focus on overall appearance of your Limited Edition.

Agree with Dan that the touch of gold plus the grip star are not " over the top." Someone got this design spot-on. And since it is a limited edition, that makes it look even more special.

I mentioned, Ernie, that I have a SA .45 colt revolver with ivory grips. After looking at yours, mine looks to be leaning more toward plain-Jane. I don't know what design or pattern might have been applied to the pearl grips, but something could have worked.

I know I'm just ramblin' on, but your Ruger has my imagination in gear now. Here are a couple of photos of my Uberti revolver alongside a really sharp-looking image of a running horse. Since this Schofield revolver was predominately used by calvary soldiers during WWI, I think this horse image would be a cool addition positioned on the grip like your star. Imagine~~~I can almost see it. ;)

Thanks for sharing...congrats again on acquiring such a sharp-looking revolver.
PT7

NOOB_2782.JPG

horsec.jpg

NOOB_2781.JPG
That horse silhouette would look VERY sharp on your pistol grip.
2 x