Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I got this instead of a Colt Python

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

I got this instead of a Colt Python

Post by dddrees » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:01 am

No doubt the Colt Python is extremely cool however the Korth has always been of greater interest to me. Intially I got the Korth in 22LR because I tend to shoot 22s more often. However since seeing a Korth I've always wanted one in 357 and this one has the 9mm Cylinder as well. I think it's pretty cool that with a push of a button I can go from 357 to 9mm. I can also do that with my Blackhawk but there doesn't seem to be many DA Revolvers capable of that. I did consider the Korth Super Sport but decided to get the more classic looking Mongoose instead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: I got this instead of a Colt Python

Post by markiver54 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:22 am

Very nice revolvers Dan. Not familiar with Korth, so don't know what they cost.
I do know however that the Python would set you back quite a bit..if you could find one.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:43 am

markiver54 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:22 am
Very nice revolvers Dan. Not familiar with Korth, so don't know what they cost.
I do know however that the Python would set you back quite a bit..if you could find one.
Understand, and I really didn't even bother to price any Pythons. They are beautiful, however being a bit more fragile and the fact gunsmiths are getting harder to locate kind of weighed on my mind. In fact many have said their Colts are their safe queens and their S&Ws are their shooters. Korth's are supposed to be some extremely nice revolvers. Anyway the Korth is supposed to be built like a tank and the fact I should be covered in case anything goes wrong with the Mongoose greatly appeals to me.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:55 am

I've not seen or heard of a Korth revolver before. So did a quick google on it, and came up with a quite positive review at www.range365.com. https://www.range365.com/korth-mongoose ... un-review/ From this reviewer at least, it sounds like you got yourself a top-notch .357 magnum revolver, Dan. I also like the wood grip color and patterns.

Of course, PT7 --- "Wood is good." Love the quality looks of your furniture.

Another collaborative production/marketing effort. The article stated the Mongoose is manufactured in Germany by Korth Waffen in collab with U.S. "help" from Nighthawk Custom in AR.

Congrats on your new revolver. Very 8-) !
0 x

~Пока~

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:03 am

Sounds like Ya chose a good one Dan !!...a real shooter. You'll have to let us know how it performs!
Regarding the python; I'm sure they have become " safe queens " because of their value which shot up when they quit making them.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:09 am

PT7 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:55 am
I've not seen or heard of a Korth revolver before. So did a quick google on it, and came up with a quite positive review at www.range365.com. https://www.range365.com/korth-mongoose ... un-review/ From this reviewer at least, it sounds like you got yourself a top-notch .357 magnum revolver, Dan. I also like the wood grip color and patterns.

Of course, PT7 --- "Wood is good." Love the quality looks of your furniture.

Another collaborative production/marketing effort. The article stated the Mongoose is manufactured in Germany by Korth Waffen in collab with U.S. "help" from Nighthawk Custom in AR.

Congrats on your new revolver. Very 8-) !
Thank you sir. From everything I have seen the Korth Revolver is supposed to be top notch and compares extremely well if not rated higher than the likes of a Colt Python or even the French manufactured Manurhin mr73 which is no longer being made as far as I can tell.
0 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:11 am

markiver54 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:03 am
Sounds like Ya chose a good one Dan !!...a real shooter. You'll have to let us know how it performs!
Regarding the python; I'm sure they have become " safe queens " because of their value which shot up when they quit making them.
Thank you sir, and I get it. Really too bad so many things from the past which required such great craftmanship are no longer being made.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:17 am

congrats and thanks for introducing these revolvers on the open forum .... add me to those who have never heard of them before
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:25 am

Very nice revolvers! Share up how they shoot.
dddrees wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:01 am
... decided to get the more classic looking Mongoose instead.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:29 am

JEBar wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:17 am
congrats and thanks for introducing these revolvers on the open forum .... add me to those who have never heard of them before
Thank you sir.

Your welcome, and I only wish I was the writer that NCG is.

Anyway, I actually discovered these via another forum. In fact that is one of the major reasons I spend time on other forums, otherwise I would probably never have heard of them as well.
0 x