Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Dan Wesson Customer Service?

Carver
Cowhand
United States of America

Dan Wesson Customer Service?

Post by Carver » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:10 pm

Time for me to vent, For my Birthday I treated myself to a new handgun, PM-C 45 cal Dan wesson. After much research and waiting for delivery it came... Really happy with everything , after cleaning etc when out to shoot really a good shooter.... then while I was cleaning it I noticed that there was unusual wear on the barrel and scratches, I then proceeded to get or try ahold of customer service call went straight to voice mail, I thought well will contact them via email which I did and the response 3 words that’s normal wear! So I took it back to the local gun shop and asked them if they thought that this was normal wear, they said not it looked pretty unusual to them. Back to Dan Wesson
got the VP of Customer service he informed me that its normal not to worry.. Next while out shooting the Damn front sight fell off “fiber optics” I then emailed them back and was informed that yes they just use tight bond to hold them in place? It was and is loose enough to slide back and forth. The fix “send back the slide on my dime and the will re glue the sight on. Needless to say Im not a happy camper and doubt that I will be buying anymore Dan Wesson products
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: Dan Wesson Customer Service?

Post by ESquared » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:32 pm

Hmm, that's not good. I've never had need to deal with them regarding my V-Bob, but will file this away for future reference.

So, are you going to ship them your slide for a re-staking of the sight?
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:04 pm

It's unfortunate you not getting better customer service from them.
Can you post some pics of the barrel? I would like to see it.
While their answer to the sight issue is weak as well I suspect DW is using someone else's sights and you might ask them about this. If they are I would contact them and see what they might do for you on the sight.
0 x

Carver
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Carver » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:45 pm

Mastered
Here are a couple of the pictures that I sent to them. As far as the front sight I’m going to talk to one of the gunsmiths that I’ve done business with and see what he has to say.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:36 pm

Im wondering if the glue didn't hold the first time on the front sight will it be sufficient for the second time
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Carver
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Carver » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:42 pm

I doubt that it will so I think that I will look into another type of sight For the price of the gun the gun they should be willing to replace it.
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:57 pm

DW is telling you this is normal?? That barrel does look pretty rough for new.
I would still ask DW about whose sights they use.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:23 pm

very sorry to hear this about Dan Wesson's customer service .... I've never owned one and this is the first negative comment I've heard
0 x