Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

LE Qualification Course Semi-Finals (Round #1)

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

LE Qualification Course Semi-Finals (Round #1)

Post by Hrfunk » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:02 am

Here you go everyone! The first semi-finalist has been selected. Be sure to let me know your thoughts!

Howard

https://youtu.be/VGecquZsUrg
2 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: LE Qualification Course Semi-Finals (Round #1)

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:26 am

Nice detailed explanation. Come on Howard, with your background, no one would fault you for saying, "after weighing all the factors and considering everything involved, of the top three I shot in this round, the Human factor puts xxxx over the top by way of....". :D

We all know that things on paper aren't always what they appear. I enjoy your evals, and look forward to the next ten. ;)
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:41 am

Thank you! I just wanted to come up with something that was more than just my opinion. I thought you all deserved a better effort than that.

Howard
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:38 am

Great review/eval on the first ten, Howard. The sheet was set up well, and your development of the QQ was interesting.

Of those ten, the CO qual was the most challenging in my mind, if I were to have to qualify. 100% POIs in-target is a demanding standard. When encased in the shooting variations, that standard would easily send me out-the-door.

The fun part....yeah. What can a wheel gun person say, but "ah" on the Model 10 being chosen as the favorite handgun?
So here's my huge "AH" for that revolver choice! :D

Looking forward to the next 40.
PT7
0 x

~Пока~

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:01 pm

Thanks Howard! I like your rating system and will continue to follow. Favorite handgun should be fun and interesting.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:14 pm

Thanks everyone! I’m glad you all liked it, stay tuned for the next 10!

Howard
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:03 pm

I liked your evaluation system! Very practical. I would be surprised if any state has more than half of your factors. Also, your tiebreaker makes sense. It will be interesting to see if states change their course based on your evaluation. In addition, I like the revolver as well. My experience with pistols is limited to the .45 Auto and 9mm (duty weapon while on ships). Neither grew on me. I think the simplicity of the revolver is what appeals to me. In a gun fight, that may be a different story though.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:40 am

GFK wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:03 pm
I liked your evaluation system! Very practical. I would be surprised if any state has more than half of your factors. Also, your tiebreaker makes sense. It will be interesting to see if states change their course based on your evaluation. In addition, I like the revolver as well. My experience with pistols is limited to the .45 Auto and 9mm (duty weapon while on ships). Neither grew on me. I think the simplicity of the revolver is what appeals to me. In a gun fight, that may be a different story though.
Thank you! I doubt the "powers that be" from any state will even notice what I'm doing. On the other hand, if citizens from those states take notice, they might make their feelings known. I'm looking at this series manly as information for firearms instructors and other interested persons.

Howard
1 x