Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

CZ75 vs. New Jersey LEO Handgun Course

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

CZ75 vs. New Jersey LEO Handgun Course

Post by Hrfunk » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi all! For the 8th video in this series I selected the New Jersey LEO handgun qualification course. Against it I'm pitting my CZ75. This is a classic pistol up against a challenging course. Check out the video to see how it goes!

Howard

https://youtu.be/KKH2buEdNxI
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: CZ75 vs. New Jersey LEO Handgun Course

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:40 am

Howard is deadly with the CZ. Nice going Marine.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:53 am

Lot of positive and interesting comments are posted right with your youtube video. Good series.

I've not yet shot a semi-auto with DA/SA action. Your CZ DA trigger pull seemed to be very smooth. Are the trigger pulls significantly different between the two actions on your CZ, maybe somewhat similar to a revolver? Using either action, that gun was very steadily aimed. Your shredded body target was great shooting again. Thanks!

PT7
0 x

~Пока~

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:23 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:40 am
Howard is deadly with the CZ. Nice going Marine.
Thank you!

Howard
0 x

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:28 pm

PT7 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:53 am
Lot of positive and interesting comments are posted right with your youtube video. Good series.

I've not yet shot a semi-auto with DA/SA action. Your CZ DA trigger pull seemed to be very smooth. Are the trigger pulls significantly different between the two actions on your CZ, maybe somewhat similar to a revolver? Using either action, that gun was very steadily aimed. Your shredded body target was great shooting again. Thanks!

PT7
Thank you. The pulls are quite different. They are about like comparing the double action pull of a revovler to its single action pull. For a more detailed rundown on the CZ75, the link below will take you to my review of it from a couple of years ago.

Howard

https://youtu.be/wWnz9VixZHs
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:21 pm

Excellent performance with the CZ 75!
I have a CZ 75 BD and it is the best 9mm I have ever owned and one of the best I have ever shot.
I say one of the best I have ever shot because I have shot some other 9mms that were very good but the CZ is a tough act to follow.
Accuracy, balance and controllability are beyond compare.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:29 pm

Appreciate the interesting video, Howard....more questions answered than I even posed. :)
I really liked the slow-mo portion at end of video; very easy to see the DA/SA action performance of the pistol.

The only pistol I've ever had/shot (prior to the Mark IV Bull Barrel I just got) was a Springfield Armory XD 4″ Service Model 9mm with 16-round magazine. It was S/A only. I also agree that the weight of your CZ75 sure does a good job lessening felt recoil. Enjoyed learning more about it through your video. Thanks again.
PT7
Hrfunk wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:28 pm
PT7 wrote:

PT7
Thank you. The pulls are quite different. They are about like comparing the double action pull of a revovler to its single action pull. For a more detailed rundown on the CZ75, the link below will take you to my review of it from a couple of years ago.

Howard

0 x

~Пока~

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:51 am

You are most welcome! The CZ75 is a classic pistol. It’s ergonomics are tremendous and it shoots wonderfully. If you ever get a chance to shoot one, definitely take advantage of the opportunity.

Howard
PT7 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:29 pm
Appreciate the interesting video, Howard....more questions answered than I even posed. :)
I really liked the slow-mo portion at end of video; very easy to see the DA/SA action performance of the pistol.

The only pistol I've ever had/shot (prior to the Mark IV Bull Barrel I just got) was a Springfield Armory XD 4″ Service Model 9mm with 16-round magazine. It was S/A only. I also agree that the weight of your CZ75 sure does a good job lessening felt recoil. Enjoyed learning more about it through your video. Thanks again.
PT7
Hrfunk wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:28 pm
PT7 wrote:

PT7

Howard

1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:02 pm

well done - as usual .. :D .. was the video of your first time to fire the course :?:
0 x

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Yes. I shoot these courses cold. Essentially, I pick a course and grab a firearm out of the safe. Then I head off to the range to fire the course. Depending upon the complexity of a given stage, I might dryfire it once or twice just to get the hang of it, but what you see in the video is my first actual live-fire attempt at each stage.

Howard
JEBar wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:02 pm
well done - as usual .. :D .. was the video of your first time to fire the course :?:
0 x