S&W Model 28 vs. Oklahoma LE Handgun Course

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: S&W Model 28 vs. Oklahoma LE Handgun Course

Post by Hrfunk » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:06 pm

ESquared wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:55 am
Another great installment in the Series, HR! Your mastery of the full-on 357 Mag load in that big, ol' revolver at those distances with those time constraints is testament to your skills.

Just great shooting, as always! Congrats and look forward to the next one!
Thank you!

Howard
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:20 pm

Hrfunk wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:07 am
Hi all! Here is the newest in this series of videos. In this one, the big Model 28 is taking on a very challenging course from the Sooner State. Be sure to let me know what you think!

Howard

https://youtu.be/ATRP8ZaY3is
I can see why you call it challenging:the times and changing of shot placement (head shot). Nice work!
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:47 pm

GFK wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:20 pm
Hrfunk wrote:
Hi all! Here is the newest in this series of videos. In this one, the big Model 28 is taking on a very challenging course from the Sooner State. Be sure to let me know what you think!

Howard

https://youtu.be/ATRP8ZaY3is
I can see why you call it challenging:the times and changing of shot placement (head shot). Nice work!
Thank you!

Howard
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:34 am

Howard,
That was great shooting with a great handgun. You did a fine job controlling those magnum rounds. I'm sure the heft of the N frame helped a bit. I'm sure hooked on this series. I like how you will review and pick the best when you get ten done. Keep up the great work!
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:14 pm

daytime dave wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:34 am
Howard,
That was great shooting with a great handgun. You did a fine job controlling those magnum rounds. I'm sure the heft of the N frame helped a bit. I'm sure hooked on this series. I like how you will review and pick the best when you get ten done. Keep up the great work!
Thank you! the next one is coming out tomorrow morning!

Howard
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:36 am

You posted the NJ qual this morning, and it reminded me that I hadn't seen any comment regarding my inquiry in the OK qual thread. Thought I'd re-submit to you.

Now to check out NJ!!
Hrfunk wrote:
Hi all! Here is the newest in this series of videos. In this one, the big Model 28 is taking on a very challenging course from the Sooner State. Be sure to let me know what you think! Howard
With the evals you're planning, broken down into smaller groups until you find a number one qual and firearm, do you have a final goal of providing a report in some fashion to the 50 states? I wonder if the state qual evaluators might make use of such firearm comparisons and performance evals you're generating? So, do you have plans to move out all this info down-the-road?
0 x

~Пока~

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:22 pm

PT7 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:36 am
You posted the NJ qual this morning, and it reminded me that I hadn't seen any comment regarding my inquiry in the OK qual thread. Thought I'd re-submit to you.

Now to check out NJ!!
Hrfunk wrote:
Hi all! Here is the newest in this series of videos. In this one, the big Model 28 is taking on a very challenging course from the Sooner State. Be sure to let me know what you think! Howard
With the evals you're planning, broken down into smaller groups until you find a number one qual and firearm, do you have a final goal of providing a report in some fashion to the 50 states? I wonder if the state qual evaluators might make use of such firearm comparisons and performance evals you're generating? So, do you have plans to move out all this info down-the-road?
That depends a little bit on how this all goes. in the end, the information will all be available to anyone who is interested (in video form, no less). Whether anyone in any state cares what I'm doing is beyond my ability to predict.

Howard
1 x