Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Kimber 1911

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Kimber 1911

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:20 pm

This is what it would like without a full length guide rod. I can do without a full length guide rod, by the way. Not big deal for me. Do let us know how it hoots for you, though. Good to hear that your LGS is making an effort.

1 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Personally I like the FLGR.
Mechanically it keeps the recoil spring in a 'straight line' as it is contained by the guide rod.
This results in smoother slide action as the spring is not being compressed in a lazy 'S' shape while on slide retraction.
Try it yourself - If you have a FLGR remove it and install the original spring guide and cycle the slide. Then replace it with the FLGR and cycle the slide - much smoother.
Regardless some still maintain there is no need for a FLGR on a 1911 and that is OK!
0 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Had an extra 2 hours so I took the Kimber out to the range to see if the new barrel etc made a difference. It was shooting better but was hitting low and left at 15 yards. I had taken all my tools out of the car last weekend to haul all the food and extras to a family cook out so I did not have an Allen wrench to adjust the windage. Changed my aim and was hitting in the red but I will go back out and see if I can adjust the sight maybe tomorrow afternoon.
0 x

If1Hitu
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by If1Hitu » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Very nice pistol.
0 x
A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.