Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My Gun Virus

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

My Gun Virus

Post by markiver54 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:26 pm

Ok, I became a Henry owner to pair up my 357 686 with a long gun. Obvious choice for me was my BBS 357.
Now that I also purchased my SGC, I feel the need for a little brother for it. ( side arm ).
Been all over the web looking for an affordable revolver, whether single or double action. I have of course seen a lot of posts since being a forum member, a lot of really nice ones.
Not quite sure when transaction will happen...just want to get some recommendations based on the experience, of as many here as I can.
Yet another to justify to my accountant.. :lol:
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: My Gun Virus

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:22 pm

If you want the 22 mag cylinder to go with one the Ruger Single Six will surely come up quite a few times. Some complain of there accuracy because the bore size is more suited to the Mag than the long rifle. I have one and it shoots just fine. I know I will catch it for this because I gave Mags and Evan a bad time for there Uberti gun purchases :P . But I really like my Uberti 12 shot 1873 22LR revolter. Its fun to shoot and the 12 rounds is great. 8-)
3 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:26 pm

The "little brother" for my SGC: the 1873 Stallion .22LR S/A revolver I got the month before you joined the Forum. Since last October, I've also posted Range Reports on this revolver. For a revolver with fixed sights, it is highly accurate. The CCH and bronze accents make it a really sharp-looking revolver to my eyes.

This was my first thread on the Stallion, and has some photos I took: http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 142#p73142 I would not hesitate recommending one of these.

Retired Seabee has the same revolver, and gave it a thumbs up in my thread, too.
Happy hunting for your SGC's "little brother."

PT7
markiver54 wrote: Now that I also purchased my SGC, I feel the need for a little brother for it. ( side arm ).
Been all over the web looking for an affordable revolver, whether single or double action. I have of course seen a lot of posts since being a forum member, a lot of really nice ones.
Not quite sure when transaction will happen...just want to get some recommendations based on the experience, of as many here as I can.
1 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:23 pm

PT7 and BigAL gave you excellent recommendations. Best looking along side the SGC in my opinion is the Uberi with the brass backstrap. I also like the new Ruger Wrangler in black.
markiver54 wrote:Ok, I became a Henry owner to pair up my 357 686 with a long gun. Obvious choice for me was my BBS 357.
Now that I also purchased my SGC, I feel the need for a little brother for it. ( side arm ).
Yet another to justify to my accountant.. :lol:
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:36 pm

Well, well, well. You've had a Uberti all along. How fitting. You also slowing us up from our 1000 Henry goal.
BigAl52 wrote:If you want the 22 mag cylinder to go with one the Ruger Single Six will surely come up quite a few times. Some complain of there accuracy because the bore size is more suited to the Mag than the long rifle. I have one and it shoots just fine. I know I will catch it for this because I gave Mags and Evan a bad time for there Uberti gun purchases :P . But I really like my Uberti 12 shot 1873 22LR revolter. Its fun to shoot and the 12 rounds is great. 8-)
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:01 pm

Mags wrote:.
Well, well, well. You've had a Uberti all along. How fitting. You also slowing us up from our 1000 Henry goal.
BigAl52 wrote:If you want the 22 mag cylinder to go with one the Ruger Single Six will surely come up quite a few times. Some complain of there accuracy because the bore size is more suited to the Mag than the long rifle. I have one and it shoots just fine. I know I will catch it for this because I gave Mags and Evan a bad time for there Uberti gun purchases :P . But I really like my Uberti 12 shot 1873 22LR revolter. Its fun to shoot and the 12 rounds is great. 8-)
Sorry Mags :lol: not wanting to hold up the count. There will probably be yet another Henry in my future. Just trying to pair up calibers. The concept seems like it might be working with the better half, :lol:
That is my logic to her when she says..." why do you need another gun " :lol:
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:17 pm

Never owned one but shot many a Single-six over the years and owned enough Rugers to qualify it as a supreme .22 Single action revolver - well next to the Colt New Frontier I used to own - but no matter - the Ruger is a solid. American classic!
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:24 pm

Mistered wrote:Never owned one but shot many a Single-six over the years and owned enough Rugers to qualify it as a supreme .22 Single action revolver - well next to the Colt New Frontier I used to own - but no matter - the Ruger is a solid. American classic!
Thanks for your input Ed, I respect it! Have looked at it, and affordable. Definitely on the consideration list..thank you again!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:28 pm

Definitely on the consideration list.
Yep - I may have to go scrounge the pawn shops for a good one myself after all this single action talk !
1 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:58 am

Just a few thoughts because frankly I have no idea what works best for you. You will have to do that. Typically I give the same advice to most and a good portion have laughed when I recommend it. It does seem after a few guns however they start listening to me more. I highly recommend various 22 pistols and rifles in all forms which would allow more time at the range.

The other thing I try to follow is that as much as possible each choice I make is researched thoroughly and I try to make each one count. Quantity bores me, quality excites me.
0 x