Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Heritage Rough Rider

Settingsun1892
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Heritage Rough Rider

Post by Settingsun1892 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:45 pm

This is a 4.75 inch steel framed .22 with extra mag cylinder laminate grips. I carry it in a Simply Rugged crossdraw holster. For the money it is a great shooter. Haven't tried the magnum yet. After I ran a couple hundred rounds I took it apart and polished the internals. The trigger went from 6 to 3.25 pound pull. Also used bright white fingernail polish with a coat of clear on front sight and a tiny amount of blue loctite on the screws. Best friend got an alloy frame .22 in the 6.5 inch barrel and if I ever buy another I will go with alloy too. It held up as well as my steel and a lot cheaper. For an inexpensive pistol it is a great gun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Heritage Rough Rider

Post by Henry88 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:12 pm

Yeah Settingson1892, there are a number of us here that own the Heritage. It's a natural match with the Classic, and to think you can get both and a bunch of ammo for < $500. :D
040.JPG
I must have had mine for 10 years now. Shoot it in the back yard and can't tell you how many thousands of rounds. A lot.

I've replaced the cylinder spring twice and now keep a spare. Other than that it's been fine.

Recently the whole thing just seems a little "loose" if that's the word. It's not an heirloom gun obviously, but cost of the 6.5" adjustable sight model with WMR cylinder is 1/2 the price of a Single Six.

Tough choice, and then some other fine .22 revolvers also in between.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:10 pm

I know some local shooters who shoot the Rough Riders and love them. Even got to shoot one, myself, when a buddy at the range let me shoot his. I think you just have to keep your expectations as far as fit and finish in line with the price and you won't be disappointed.
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:29 pm

I know the big company is Taurus, but I'm sure they're still made here in America which is a big +++++
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:39 pm

I've got a couple of those, one I've had for quite a few years. The Sheriff's model I picked up year before last.
The 6.5" barreled one I don't know how many rds. I've put through it.
Most of the time I can shoot the older one better than either of my single sixes. :D
20190330_183030.jpg
RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Settingsun1892
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Settingsun1892 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:10 pm

I really dig that Sheriff Model.
0 x