Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Very cool IMO

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Very cool IMO

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:32 am

Always liked Bronson, and thought the big plot hole in the string of Death Wish movies was huge...
"Who would mug a guy who looked like that? Bronson looked like he just killed ten guys and was looking for number eleven."

BTW... Bronson stole Ducky's wife. (NCIS). They met when the two worked on a movie years before.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:34 am

PT7 wrote:
markiver54 wrote:
North Country Gal wrote:The Wildey! Very interesting gun, a gas operated autoloading pistol. Apparently, the one used by Bronson in the movie was his personal pistol.
His "personal" pistol...cool for Charles!
Yeah, Bronson was cool & tough in every role he portrayed. That Wildey is a very sharp-looking pistol, and the interchangeable barrels are a real plus. Reminds me of my BA Snake Slayer IV with the multiple barrels I had for it.

BTW, Bronson used a stainless steel BA derringer in one of my favorite movies he made, "Assassination." He was a bodyguard with the assignment to protect the U.S. President's wife from an assassination attempt.

The backup gun he carried was an American Derringer Model 1 --- .45 Long Colt/.410 shotgun shell.
Bronsons back-up in The Assassination.jpg
He kept it close-at-hand in an ankle holster.

Bronson drawing derringer from ankle holster in Assassination.jpg

In the movie Bronson had a line where he said ...it fires a .410 Shotgun Shell that will "take a man's face off". In the final scenes of the movie when the assassin was trying to "eliminate" Bronson so he could get to the President's wife (handgun battle during speed boat chase, and final confrontation in the woods by the lake), Bronson was shot and down. The assassin came up to him, Bronson pulled the derringer, and did what he said it would do. The movie kept you on the edge of your chair.

Yeah, really cool 8-) stainless steel handguns -- both the Wildey and the BA derringer!

Thanks for your post, Mark. I especially like your Wildey photo with the wire-rimmed glasses next to it. That is one very nice-looking semi-auto!

PT7
Thanks Bob,The pic is very crisp. Can't tell because of my shaky pic taking skills. It is in a frame and now hanging in my guest/gun room.
Can't remember if I saw ""Assassination" or not. Was a big Bronson fan though! Maybe I can find it on one of the movie channels.
Very cool derringer, would not want to be on the business end of that one :o
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:08 am

markiver54 wrote:Can't remember if I saw ""Assassination" or not. Was a big Bronson fan though! Maybe I can find it on one of the movie channels.
If you do watch this movie, Mark, I have a suggestion as relates to your recent "Range experience" post.

Several Folk suggested to you in that thread to shorten your target distance for SD practice with your XDS pistol. In the movie, they handled the capability of the BA derringer perfectly in that scene in the woods. The assassin was initially quite a distance from Bronson as he was down. The derringer excels at very short range, best I'd say at under five yards. Bronson (and producers) provide a really good lesson in SD design here. In the action sequence, Bronson waited until the assassin was literally standing over him...they were exchanging cynical comments, of course; Bronson-style tension. By waiting (nerves of steel), at probably less than five yards between them was the point at which Bronson used the derringer. They depicted a very real-to-life and accurate SD encounter. You might find it interesting to watch.

If you do see the movie, sure would be interested in what you think about it. Actually, as a big Bronson fan, it should be on your bucket list! Get out the buttered popcorn. ;)

PT7
0 x

~Пока~

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:25 am

PT7 wrote:
markiver54 wrote:Can't remember if I saw ""Assassination" or not. Was a big Bronson fan though! Maybe I can find it on one of the movie channels.
If you do watch this movie, Mark, I have a suggestion as relates to your recent "Range experience" post.

Several Folk suggested to you in that thread to shorten your target distance for SD practice with your XDS pistol. In the movie, they handled the capability of the BA derringer perfectly in that scene in the woods. The assassin was initially quite a distance from Bronson as he was down. The derringer excels at very short range, best I'd say at under five yards. Bronson (and producers) provide a really good lesson in SD design here. In the action sequence, Bronson waited until the assassin was literally standing over him...they were exchanging cynical comments, of course; Bronson-style tension. By waiting (nerves of steel), at probably less than five yards between them was the point at which Bronson used the derringer. They depicted a very real-to-life and accurate SD encounter. You might find it interesting to watch.

If you do see the movie, sure would be interested in what you think about it. Actually, as a big Bronson fan, it should be on your
bucket list! Get out the buttered popcorn. ;)

PT7
PT....as a matter of fact, while you were posting, I was watching a video on YouTube scrolling through all the movies he made!
I am a big fan, but never realized how many he was in. :shock:
Will be interesting, if I can find it, to watch and take notice of the very real-to-life scene.
Even though he passed in '03 he sure managed to make a lot of films. Hope I am around long enough to catch most of them. :)
Still have not seen "Once Upon a Time In The West" as was mentioned as a favorite in the movie thread. Didn't realize he was in that either...
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry