Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

CCW..Question

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Re: CCW..Question

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:12 am

markiver54 wrote:Thanks Gunny, no...did not know that.
Here's the list. There are some minor variations in a couple States, but generally the trend is toward more States becoming permitless carry, and several more States have legislation in work this year that will likely be passed.

Actually 18 if you include States like Montana and Oklahoma, which have limited forms of permitless carry. OK is likely going to allow residents full permitless concealed carry this Spring/Summer. But right now, as a resident of MS, I can carry w/o a permit in OK, as can any other resident of a permitless carry State.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_carry
2 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:23 am

Thanks for the wealth of info Gunny! Very interesting...ever changing I'm sure though... :roll:
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:47 am

I carry all the time except for places that post, then I take off and lock in the trunk. I've carried so long that when I don't it feels weird.
1 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:55 am

markiver54 wrote:Thanks for the wealth of info Gunny! Very interesting...ever changing I'm sure though... :roll:
You're welcome. But I'm reluctant to continue this particular topic due to the forum rules about politics. :)
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:02 pm

GunnyGene wrote:
markiver54 wrote:Thanks for the wealth of info Gunny! Very interesting...ever changing I'm sure though... :roll:
You're welcome. But I'm reluctant to continue this particular topic due to the forum rules about politics. :)

Good point...re: laws anyway.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:35 pm

Daily
2 x
I never take myself seriously....

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:39 pm

should be fine (IMO) to share what the facts are in any given state. It turns political when state laws are compared in good/better/worst manner, the ethics/morality of them, goodness/badness and among other poor behavior using inflammatory statements that turn the topic controversial. Thank you all for keeping it neutral and factual.
GunnyGene wrote:
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:50 pm

Mags wrote:.
should be fine (IMO) to share what the facts are in any given state. It turns political when state laws are compared in good/better/worst manner, the ethics/morality of them, goodness/badness and among other poor behavior using inflammatory statements that turn the topic controversial. Thank you all for keeping it
Good point also...
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Mags wrote:.
should be fine (IMO) to share what the facts are in any given state. It turns political when state laws are compared in good/better/worst manner, the ethics/morality of them, goodness/badness and among other poor behavior using inflammatory statements that turn the topic controversial. Thank you all for keeping it neutral and factual.
GunnyGene wrote:
I share your opinion, but in my experience it's nearly impossible to avoid crossing the line due to the very nature of the subject.

That said, disparities between States concerning firearms are often due to reciprocity agreements that have been in place for many years, are commonly handled by the State AG office, and rarely updated to reflect current State laws. In addition, these agreements can be extremely difficult to obtain for the avg. person. They aren't secret, but are not always available via the internet.

For example, MS & AL have been operating on the same reciprocity agreement for decades, yet I would not be permitted to carry concealed in AL without a valid MS permit, since that agreement has not been updated to reflect current MS law that became effective in 2016. Conversely,
MS does not require a AL resident (or any other State resident for that matter) to have permit. It's just not a high priority for the AG office of either State.
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:26 pm

I used to carry all the time when I was out and about in various parts of the city tending to my small business (some of these parts of the city were better than others, but enough said).

Now, sort of semi-retired and with a much smaller regular traveling radius, my occasions to carry are limited, in my opinion. Lifestyle/workstyle has changed...
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357