Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Uberti El Patron 45 Colt In the Stable

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Uberti El Patron 45 Colt In the Stable - NOW w/ Holster Rig!

Post by ESquared » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:14 pm

UPDATE:

Decided on a cross-draw holster, found a nice purveyor in Wyoming (of course) and struck up some back and forth with the owner. He did the holster and a 3" tapered belt for me, 10 ammo loops and a "dark brown" finish. I got some of his leather balm worked in, did the old "ziploc bag trick" overnight and the holster fits like a glove.

I'm not crazy about the lighting in these pics, as it's kind of harsh.

On the other hand, the shots have that sort of gauzy "glow" about them, just don't know that I'm a fan of the look.

Anyway, prior to taking these, I sat at my bench for a half hour, cleaning up my BBB 45 Colt and decapping some casings, wearing this rig the whole time, and I'd never had known it was there! If I had a range to ride, I'd be out there right now riding it, with my "Duke" cross-draw right where it should be!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Uberti El Patron 45 Colt In the Stable

Post by PT7 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:45 pm

Like your photos, ESquared. Very nice Cowboy rig,, and the Grizzly settles in well.
Looks like some quality leather and stitching there, too.
PT7
0 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Uberti El Patron 45 Colt In the Stable - NOW w/ Holster Rig!

Post by Mags » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:55 pm

Looks like the camera lens is smudged. Whatever it is, it gives a nice 'glow' effect. Nice holster with your revolver! Got me drooling.
pinkchk_xsm.png
ESquared wrote:UPDATE
Decided on a cross-draw holster, found a nice purveyor in Wyoming (of course) and struck up some back and forth with the owner. He did the holster and a 3" tapered belt for me, 10 ammo loops and a "dark brown" finish. I got some of his leather balm worked in, did the old "ziploc bag trick" overnight and the holster fits like a glove.

I'm not crazy about the lighting in these pics, as it's kind of harsh.

On the other hand, the shots have that sort of gauzy "glow" about them, just don't know that I'm a fan of the look.

Anyway, prior to taking these, I sat at my bench for a half hour, cleaning up my BBB 45 Colt and decapping some casings, wearing this rig the whole time, and I'd never had known it was there! If I had a range to ride, I'd be out there right now riding it, with my "Duke" cross-draw right where it should be!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: Uberti El Patron 45 Colt In the Stable - NOW w/ Holster Rig!

Post by ESquared » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Mags wrote:.
Looks like the camera lens is smudged. Whatever it is, it gives a nice 'glow' effect. Nice holster with your revolver! Got me drooling.
pinkchk_xsm.png
Well, that's a fantastic guess, and probably an accurate one! And not at all hard to imagine how that lens got smudged, either, considering all the cleaning and lubing of pieces and parts that I'd just finished down on the bench! Good call, Mags!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:00 pm

Second class photo no pink flowers. But the leather looks good
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:35 pm

BigAl52 wrote:Second class photo no pink flowers. But the leather looks good
No extra credit for the subtle use of the pink bench towel? Man, tough crowd!
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 pm

You got the pink_chk, the flowers didn't :D . Gotta have the official rag. :roll:
ESquared wrote:
BigAl52 wrote:Second class photo no pink flowers. But the leather looks good
No extra credit for the subtle use of the pink bench towel? Man, tough crowd!
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:57 pm

Good looking rig!
I'd be on the desert first thing Saturday with that on my hip bustin' 'jacks!
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:15 pm

You have to size up a few inches on the belt, so you can wear it at an angle and down on the hip a bit. Not quite this cool looking (I mean, he's wearing TWO rigs), but you get the idea....
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:41 pm

Well I don't know about 'cool' but carrying a single action in a rig this low and loose would be pretty impractical.
I've done a fair amount of belt rig carry while hiking and I prefer the belt sized out just enough to fit around my pants belt but not so much to hang below it, and the holster flap tight enough to keep it snug up to the belt.
0 x