Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Uberti El Patron 45 Colt In the Stable

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Uberti El Patron 45 Colt In the Stable

Post by ESquared » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:51 pm

Posted about this impending arrival last week, but now have the "Grizzly Paw" version of Uberti's El Patron Single-Action Army (SAA) reproduction safely at home. As I understand it, the "Grizzly Paw" version (with longer grip for bigger hands) is a new model, and my Serial Number would reflect that - #50!

Disassembled and cleaned it up for the photo shoot and it's nicely assembled and fitted. The CCH receiver doesn't have a lot of surface area to show off that fine finish, but it's a nice accent to contrast with the deeply blued barrel, cylinder and main-frame.

That, and nice little features like numbered cylinders make it a keeper. This will be the one revolver I learn how to shoot well. Nice combo gun for the Brass Carbine 45 Colt. Don't have that photo shoot scheduled yet!

To the range as soon as the weather clears (icy, sleet, yuk).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Uberti El Patron 45 Colt In the Stable

Post by JEBar » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:59 pm

very nice indeed .... if it performs anywhere near as good as it looks, it will serve you well .... looking forward to you coming reports
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:37 pm

X2 on "very nice indeed." And the checkering on your grips is very cool-looking. 8-) You've stabled a winner.

The CCH is a perfect contrast to the barrel and rest of the frame. I really like that same look on my Police and Stallion.

One comment when you first shoot it. Simply note the feel of the recoil. It is differently mild, which makes this caliber special to shoot. Enjoy-enjoy!
PT7
1 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:42 pm

Very nice indeed. Maybe I want one too.
pinkchk_xsm.png
ESquared wrote:Posted about this impending arrival last week, but now have the "Grizzly Paw" version of Uberti's El Patron Single-Action Army (SAA) reproduction safely at home. As I understand it, the "Grizzly Paw" version (with longer grip for bigger hands) is a new model, and my Serial Number would reflect that - #50!

Disassembled and cleaned it up for the photo shoot and it's nicely assembled and fitted. The CCH receiver doesn't have a lot of surface area to show off that fine finish, but it's a nice accent to contrast with the deeply blued barrel, cylinder and main-frame.

That, and nice little features like numbered cylinders make it a keeper. This will be the one revolver I learn how to shoot well. Nice combo gun for the Brass Carbine 45 Colt. Don't have that photo shoot scheduled yet!

To the range as soon as the weather clears (icy, sleet, yuk).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:02 pm

Congrats on a fine Colt style single action. Please do a range report when you get a chance.
1 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:45 pm

Beautiful. Uberti sure makes nice replicas.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:14 pm

It looks good in pink to
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:10 pm

That is a very nice single action. It looks like it has the 1860 Army type grip. I don't know why colt didn't use that bigger grip on the S.A.A.
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:37 pm

Travlin wrote:That is a very nice single action. It looks like it has the 1860 Army type grip. I don't know why colt didn't use that bigger grip on the S.A.A.
Man, you know your grips!

That's exactly the way many in the trade refer to it - "Army type..", not sure about the date, but saw a similar Uberti on Taylor's site that used that term...
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:41 pm

Very nice! I have the Uberti/Taylors "Running Iron" which is a 3.5 inch .45 Colt that has the Taylor's slicked up action.
Mine had the same grip yours has but for some reason I shoot it better with the Uberti Birdshead grip swapped on.
It is a really smooth and slick little shooter.
Now I did have one problem with it early on where the cylinder pin started to get peaned or burred at the lock groove.
I would polish off the burr and after a shooting session it would be back making removal difficult.
Being the toolmaker I machined up a new pin out of hardened steel and replaced it. No problems since.
The Pins are or can be a little soft on the Uberti.
New pin is the shorter one
Birdshead grip installed
Note...Your grip is larger than my original...just read your post again!
0 x