Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Uberti El Patron "Grizzly Paws" 45 Colt

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Uberti El Patron "Grizzly Paws" 45 Colt

Post by ESquared » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:29 am

Thanks to some evaluative assistance from some forum members (you know who you are), I've decided to go down the path of a caliber-paired revolver to go with my BBB 45 Colt Carbine.

This Uberti El Patron "Grizzly Paws" edition should be shipping today or tomorrow (provided USPS starts operating in MN, where the piece is coming from!), so I'll have it by early next week.

"Grizzly Paws" is a version that has longer grips for bigger hands (get it?). "El Patron" is the factory-tuned version of their Cattleman revolver, with some Wolff springs and a bit more factory fitting (as I understand it). There are a few of these Colt Single Action Army (SAA) reproductions out there, imported and customized by various distributors (Taylor being one of, if not the biggest). Cimarron is another. It's a very robust market, with LOTS of choices when it comes to finishes, barrel lengths, brands, sub-brands, etc. MInd-boggling.

Mine will be straight-up Uberti, Grizzlied, 45 Colt, CCH frame, Blued barrel and cylinder, 5.5" barrel. Should be fun!

https://www.uberti-usa.com/1873-cattlem ... n-revolver
2 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

TNman
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Uberti El Patron "Grizzly Paws" 45 Colt

Post by TNman » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:13 am

Nice pistol... I have looked at the El Patron several times on the webpages and it certainly looks like a nice saa clone. I may 'have' to get one at some point. Congrats...looking forward to your evaluation and range reports.
2 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:08 am

Good for you! Congrats.

A Colt SSA clone in 45 Colt is on my short list to buy, as well as a version in 22 LR. Can't wait to see a range report.
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:36 am

Very nice choice, ESquared! Yes, you are another person who has "discovered" how many, many choices there are when looking at the S/A revolvers. "Mind-boggling" fits.

Sometime when we get together, I'll bring along my Uberti .357 Police revolver. A couple of interesting things as I'm comparing the two models. Yours has a larger grip for those with "Grizzley Paws." Both have 5.5" barrels. Grizzly OAL is 11", Police OAL is 10.8". Yet the Grizzly weighs in as the lighter revolver @ 2.3 lbs., and Police is @ 2.6 lbs. Must be the barrel weight with different calibers/bore size. Lastly, the Police carries the lanyard ring on bottom of grip. Definitely interesting replicas with cool variations.

I have no doubt you will enjoy yours a lot, and the Henry and Uberti pair up is excellent!
PT7
ESquared wrote:Thanks to some evaluative assistance from some forum members (you know who you are), I've decided to go down the path of a caliber-paired revolver to go with my BBB 45 Colt Carbine.

This Uberti El Patron "Grizzly Paws" edition should be shipping today or tomorrow (provided USPS starts operating in MN, where the piece is coming from!), so I'll have it by early next week.

"Grizzly Paws" is a version that has longer grips for bigger hands. "El Patron" is the factory-tuned version of their Cattleman revolver, with some Wolff springs and a bit more factory fitting (as I understand it). There are a few of these Colt Single Action Army (SAA) reproductions out there, imported and customized by various distributors....It's a very robust market, with LOTS of choices when it comes to finishes, barrel lengths, brands, sub-brands, etc. MInd-boggling.

Mine will be straight-up Uberti, Grizzlied, 45 Colt, CCH frame, Blued barrel and cylinder, 5.5" barrel. Should be fun!
1 x

~Пока~

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:22 pm

Sweet!
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:45 pm

You will love your .45LC uberti. I have one and it is so much fun to blast away with. My biggest problem was deciding on a holster for it. So many holsters to choose from! I finally found one on Esty from a small shop in Montana at a reasonable price. It has been awhile but I think it was called Wily Leather. Could be wrong.
1 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:10 pm

The Wiz wrote:You will love your .45LC uberti. I have one and it is so much fun to blast away with. My biggest problem was deciding on a holster for it. So many holsters to choose from! I finally found one on Esty from a small shop in Montana at a reasonable price. It has been awhile but I think it was called Wily Leather. Could be wrong.
Read my mind. The only thing more complex than the SAAs in the market is the holsters for SAAs. Will see if I can find Wily Leather in MT. Thanks for the tip! No such thing as bad advice when it come to this topic. Post a pic...
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:18 pm

Wyoming. Nice stuff. I was watching True Grit last night (the 2010 version with Jeff Bridges) and got all enamored with his cross-draw.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/667924201/ ... _active_30
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:58 pm

Then after you get that one in youre collection look at this one because with its bluing and CCH it will show real well in the other holster. Maybe with it you can be in one of Sellacks or Clints movies.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796645007
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:11 am

BigAl52 wrote:Then after you get that one in youre collection look at this one because with its bluing and CCH it will show real well in the other holster. Maybe with it you can be in one of Sellacks or Clints movies.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796645007
That sure is purdy, but I'll have to see if the big, "Grizzly Paws" grips are all they're cracked up to be. If so, I can't see not having them. And we'll see how smooth and slick the "El Patron" upgraded package is, too.

As cool as that one is, it's a stripped down Cattleman with faux pearl shoes. I'm spoiled already by a gun I don't even have yet!

:oops:
0 x