Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Trapped spent .45LC casing UNDER ejector star

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Trapped spent .45LC casing UNDER ejector star

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:11 pm

Are you noticing any sticky case issues with this ammo? If so, that and a combination of smallish rim dimensions could cause the problem. Regardless, I doubt it's a gun issue. Just to be sure, though, try a different brand of ammo.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Trapped spent .45LC casing UNDER ejector star

Post by PT7 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:33 pm

With those 50 rounds I shot last Friday, I don't recall "sticky case issues." Actually, I mainly recall my surprise at the 3 trapped casings. Chatting through this thread, I realized that I didn't do a good job of gathering "why-is-this-happening" info. I mainly focused on how to get them out from under the ejector star. When I shoot the Russian again, I'll be more prepared as to what to look for, if the "traps" repeat.

Not unexpected, when I spoke with the Choice Ammo president this morning, he guaranteed that over the years, and after selling thousands and thousands of these .45LC rounds with Jagemann Brass, my problem has "never happened before." But your point is well taken; it could be the ammo rather than the revolver. That's part of the challenge at the moment --- where does the problem start, gun or bullets? I do have 30 rounds left of Aguila .45 Colt 200 gr. LFN Cowboy Action ammo. Will take some of them for my next range time. Thanks.
North Country Gal wrote:Are you noticing any sticky case issues with this ammo? If so, that and a combination of smallish rim dimensions could cause the problem. Regardless, I doubt it's a gun issue. Just to be sure, though, try a different brand of ammo.
0 x

~Пока~