Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My hand guns

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

My hand guns

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:44 pm

I am feeling a little better from what ever bug I have. I can't stand to lay around doing nothing so I got my hand guns out to take a picture.
Front-- Ruger MKII with Tasco Pro point and ring mounts by a company called SoLow. No holes needed to be drilled. 1 3/4 lb trigger
Next back left--- Ruger MKIII Hunter Redfield ESD 4 reticle red dot sight
Right---S&W Airweight 38 Special my concealed carry revolver. Still remains unfired because I haven't had to fire it. Thinking about selling or trading it.
Far Right--- H&R Sportsman 9 shot revolver made in 1940
Next to left--- S&W 586-3 Satin blued 357 made in 1989. Dad gave me this 18 years ago and I have yet to fire a single round in it. He shot it when he had it.
Left--- Heritage Rough Rider this cheap gun shoots better than my last two Ruger convertibles. I do shoot this one.
Rear--- T/C Contender Super 14 223 Remington. Burris fixed 7X scope. My favorite hand gun. Nothing like shooting the Contender and hit what you are shooting at long range.

4 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: My hand guns

Post by Henry88 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:02 pm

Wow bandit, nice collection. I was a little surprised to the the Heritage in there. It's good to see you're not a "gun snob" :D
1 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:18 pm

Henry88 wrote:Wow bandit, nice collection. I was a little surprised to the the Heritage in there. It's good to see you're not a "gun snob" :D
I am no "gun snob" by any stretch. I don't have enough money to be a snob. I like all the quality I can get for my money. The Heritage was a real surprise for the low price point they sell for. The last two Ruger single six convertibles were a big let down.
0 x

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Lyman » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:39 pm

That is a nice group of pistols. I have been thinking about picking up a Heritage. They go on sale around here cheap. I have only heard good things about them from people that actually own them. I need more .22s in my life.
1 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:52 pm

Glad you're feeling better. Good to hear.

We do share a love Contenders. Really nice to have another Contender shooter to keep me company on the forum. Once, again, I do appreciate it.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:05 pm

Bandit you need a 12 shot Uberti cowboy gun in that group. RR and I are lonely.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:09 pm

My favorite in your collection is the Rough Rider.
bandit1250 wrote:I am feeling a little better from what ever bug I have. I can't stand to lay around doing nothing so I got my hand guns out to take a picture.
Front-- Ruger MKII with Tasco Pro point and ring mounts by a company called SoLow. No holes needed to be drilled. 1 3/4 lb trigger
Next back left--- Ruger MKIII Hunter Redfield ESD 4 reticle red dot sight
Right---S&W Airweight 38 Special my concealed carry revolver. Still remains unfired because I haven't had to fire it. Thinking about selling or trading it.
Far Right--- H&R Sportsman 9 shot revolver made in 1940
Next to left--- S&W 586-3 Satin blued 357 made in 1989. Dad gave me this 18 years ago and I have yet to fire a single round in it. He shot it when he had it.
Left--- Heritage Rough Rider this cheap gun shoots better than my last two Ruger convertibles. I do shoot this one.
Rear--- T/C Contender Super 14 223 Remington. Burris fixed 7X scope. My favorite hand gun. Nothing like shooting the Contender and hit what you are shooting at long range.

1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

If1Hitu
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by If1Hitu » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:41 pm

Wow those are awesome handguns.What name brand scope are those?
0 x
A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.