Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

22 is my favorite caliber

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: 22 is my favorite caliber

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:55 am

One thing you might want to consider in lieu of speed loaders is getting a revolver that uses moon clips. Have three Smiths that use them and it's a simple matter of loading up a bunch of moon clips the night before a range visit. Then, come shooting time, loading and unloading is a breeze. In fact, for range shooting, just as easy and convenient as shooting an autoloader. Of these, my 625 JM in 45 auto is my favorite. In fact, it rates as one of my favorite shooters, period.
0 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:32 am

North Country Gal wrote:One thing you might want to consider in lieu of speed loaders is getting a revolver that uses moon clips. Have three Smiths that use them and it's a simple matter of loading up a bunch of moon clips the night before a range visit. Then, come shooting time, loading and unloading is a breeze. In fact, for range shooting, just as easy and convenient as shooting an autoloader. Of these, my 625 JM in 45 auto is my favorite. In fact, it rates as one of my favorite shooters, period.
I do have a loading block as well and prep that before going to the range so I'm not sure there would be much difference but I'll have to give that some thought, thanks for ther suggestion.

Nice looking revolver and setup by the way.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:47 pm

I also have the exact same gun. Its also one of my favorites to shoot but lately it like the rest of my guns they arent getting much attention. Theres this four letter word in my life that needs to be gone called work. It keeps getting in the way of shooting time.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55