Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Uberti .45LC Birdshead in hand

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Uberti .45LC Birdshead in hand

Post by PT7 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:21 am

And it is very comfortable to hold this Six Gun with the Birdshead grip!

I ordered a Uberti 1873 Birdshead 3.5" .45 LC with checkered grips last week through my LGS. Even with the Independence Day holiday, it got here very quickly. That was a good start to this new gun saga. My LGS says they have been working alongside Taylor's & Co. for almost 35 years, know the regional reps and gunsmiths, and think highly of the Uberti firearms. That's a plus for me now that I have this new revolver. BTW, the LGS owner told me I was fortunate to order now in July because he said everyone in Italy is traditionally on vacation for the entire month of August! Whew, that was close.

Other than the BA derringer I've shot with a .45LC barrel, this will be my first .45LC revolver. I wish I could post the photos I took of it, but they badly distort when I post to the Forum. Just cannot let such a good-looking revolver display like that. Anyway, CCH colors are really sharp-looking, and the checkered wood grip came in a darker hue --- these colors/shades really complement each other beautifully. The wood checkering and wood-metal-fit is not as excellent as on my Henry rifles, but nonetheless is very good. So far while handling/cleaning it, the gun is solidly built and looks great!

Here is a web link showing my 1873 from the web site (my gun is model 555133 -- click on the gun photo for a nice, larger image).
http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/hand-gun ... l?___SID=U Sure wish Ranch Roper could stop by. He'd really create some great photos of my revolver and two Henry Carbines posing together!! :lol:

I'd like to get to the range this weekend and try this revolver out. Whenever I do, I will post again on how it shoots and handles.
Have a great weekend.
PT7
6 x

~Пока~

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Uberti .45LC Birdshead in hand

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:36 am

Since you sent me a photo by email, I thought I'd try to post it for you.

Here is PT7's Uberti .45LC Birdshead.
Uberti 1873 Cattleman .45LC revolver2_2524.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:42 am

Congrats on that gem of a 45! Can't wait to hear how it shoots. Ket us know, for sure.
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:46 am

Thanks much, CT_Shooter! Sure looks so much better than my photos. :D
CT_Shooter wrote:Since you sent me a photo by email, I thought I'd try to post it for you.

Here is PT7's Uberti .45LC Birdshead.
Uberti 1873 Cattleman .45LC revolver2_2524.jpg
0 x

~Пока~

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:09 pm

Another guy born 100 years to late right PT. There is good ole cowboy at heart written all over that Uberti. I really like the birdshead grip. Heck maybe you could get a Doc Holiday part.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Bugs
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bugs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:55 pm

Looking forward to your review. I've been wanting to get one of these for a while now but other gun purchases just keep getting in the way. :roll:
1 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:31 pm

Gorgeous old west firearm. Congrats!!
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:46 am

I've always liked the look and feel of a Birdshead.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:06 am

I think it was TexasGunner that was saying the birdshead grip was his favorite also, or was on his favorite gun presently or something like that. He definitely liked them (plural?), I remember.

You know the crazy sights on the Colt Clones, now that I am finally getting the hang of shooting with them, they're not bad at all.

It was always a given my next one would have adjustable sights, but now I'm not so sure.

In any case PT7, a very fine looking and shooting gun for sure...........
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:52 am

Thanks, Gentlemen.

Henry, the rear fixed ramp sight and front blade is a configuration I like. I've had the same on other revolvers. On this revolver, they are also spot on accurate. It's been the best and easiest set I've had compared to any of my previous revolvers. Agreed, "they're not bad at all." :)

SH, I think this revolver was designed with my right hand as the "hold pattern." Still hard to believe how this smaller gun, in most every measurement, fits so well! As far as the looks, I spent considerable time looking at the two barrel lengths for this model: 5-3/4" and 3-1/2" (my gun). Most of my revolver barrels have been at least 4" or longer. The way this 1873 looks with the shorter barrel is very appealing, and it does shoot quite accurately, too. Again, I made the right choice this go-around.

Bugs, hope you enjoyed my Range Report. It took me six years of looking, trying other revolvers, and probably letting "some other things get in the way" before I finally got this .45LC. I know that I've had a great time so far with this revolver (although a very short time). I'd suggest to you to place one of these Uberti replicas a little higher up on your bucket list, if you're really interested in owning one. I'd take the chance that you would find a good fit and be happy with your choice. If you need other "encouragement" on this, re-read some of Ranch Roper's comments on his guns! ;)

Have a good day!
PT7
Henry88 wrote:I think it was TexasGunner that was saying the birdshead grip was his favorite also, or was on his favorite gun presently or something like that. He definitely liked them (plural?), I remember.

You know the crazy sights on the Colt Clones, now that I am finally getting the hang of shooting with them, they're not bad at all.

It was always a given my next one would have adjustable sights, but now I'm not so sure.

In any case PT7, a very fine looking and shooting gun for sure...........
Sir Henry wrote:I've always liked the look and feel of a Birdshead.
Bugs wrote:Looking forward to your review. I've been wanting to get one of these for a while now but other gun purchases just keep getting in the way.
0 x

~Пока~