Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New revolver

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: New revolver

Post by Mags » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:19 pm

I think you might be trying to trick me into being an enabler.

Probably not the best person to ask, I like western. Good price though.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:14 pm

I guess I'm just in the "if it seems to good to be true..." camp. But then I looked at the seller's website:

www.hansenguns.com

This isn't some pawnshop in the sticks. He's got some impressive inventory. This is very low end to him, I'd think. I've sent them an email asking about S/N to see if I can smoke out a mfr date or at least a range of dates.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:34 pm

I didn't see a serial number in the pictures. If you get it, I think S&W website has a serial number lookup. As I recall, a while back I was able to look up the serial number of my S&W there.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Mags wrote:I didn't see a serial number in the pictures. If you get it, I think S&W website has a serial number lookup. As I recall, a while back I was able to look up the serial number of my S&W there.
You're correct, no serial number in the description and no pics of the yoke open to show it. Will see what I get back from the seller.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:09 pm

I am no expert. I just like shooting. I take it, you are interested in an used model. I have not purchased an used firearm. If the price was right, maybe I would. So, I don't have much to offer. I have being considering an used Marlin 1894 .357 in stainless though, because new ones are not made with a walnut finish. Again, it would probably be a price thing for me.

The one in the link with GB is not bad. It is about $200 less than a similar new 3" model I seen:
https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/sm ... 31841.html

Since I am not a collector, if there is not something special about it, I would probably consider a new one.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:18 pm

Since I am not a collector, if there is not something special about it, I would probably consider a new one.
The 'special' part is it is a dash 1, pinned and recessed with no Hillary Hole (lock)
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:39 pm

Mistered wrote:
The 'special' part is it is a dash 1, pinned and recessed with no Hillary Hole (lock)
I'm not sure about recessed, as I haven't seen a pic of this one with the cylinder opened up. But I've seen other pics of 67 cylinders that don't seem to have recessed chambers.

I did come across a short YouTube video from at least 5 years ago where a guy was reviewing it just on aesthetics and heritage and he was clearly a fan! What was really interesting is that he got it as a police trade-in and it could have been an exact carbon copy of the one I'm looking at, all the way down to the Pachmayr grips. Were the Pachmayers a typical modification that LE agencies made during those days? I'm assuming the stock grips were wood, so it would make sense if that were the case.

I've got nothing against an LE trade-in, as long as it hasn't been drug behind a cruiser for 15 years, and this one looks pretty clean. This model also has the firing pin integrated into the hammer, which is interesting. Picked that up in the video as well.

Now that I've written all this, I'll go back and review it and see if I can tell about the recessed chambers.
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:45 pm

Nope, not recessed. Maybe that was a .357 model feature?

Anyway, here's the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoDA2-FtPCs
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:59 pm

Were the Pachmayers a typical modification that LE agencies made during those days?
Not really a 'modification' but an accessory most went to . My 66 wears Pachmayr Presentation grips.
Looks like only the .357s were recessed - not the .38 Specials.
These are Presentations on my Victory.
grips.jpg
These are the Pachmayr 'Grippers' on my 66 . They feel great but are a bit 'thin' for my hands and it now has the Presentations on it.
This is my 'Open Carry' rig.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:27 am

I don't know what I'd do with the grips; would have to hold it first, as I've got pretty big paws. I had Hogue rubber wraparounds on my 686 and my Ruger SP101. Great for recoil.

As karmic as it might seem, this was in my email inbox this morning:

http://www.gunsandammo.com/tactical/a-r ... naissance/
0 x