Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Smith and Wesson 31-1

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Smith and Wesson 31-1

Post by GFK » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:50 pm

Mistered wrote:
I do not recommend it for everyone. For one, it is NOT a hobby to pursue if you're not 100% willing to learn how to do it, safely. For another, if you can't find a block of uninterrupted time - something hard to do for many folks - beware. Again, for safety's sake, it's not something you should do back and forth while watching TV, talking on the phone and so on.
Well said and 100% spot on all points. AND I would like to add DO NOT get into reloading ONLY as a cost cutting measure. Reloading should only be undertaken as a extension of your interest in firearms and to improve your shooting experiences.
reloading is a time consuming hobby.
Yes and no depending on your circumstances. Because I can shoot nearly anytime so reloading for me is sort of on a continuing basis, like an elongated production line I earmark time for each week - as opposed to cramming a half year's ammo needs into four or five 'sweatshop' days or nights.
One evening it's case sizing, the next priming etc. once I have a supply of prepped cases I can knock out a 100 or so for the next day(s) session. It's all about developing a system that works for you and your schedule.
I appreciate the feedback. I recall reading something about our Government may consider some type of way assigning numbers to rounds when sold for tracking like firearms. Thinking, this might be a motivator for some to start reloading and making own rounds. I was wondering if the sell of ammo be effected much. It seems like another idea that could hurt businesses in the name of safety.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:00 pm

I recall reading something about our Government may consider some type of way assigning numbers to rounds when sold
Kind of old news - Largely in part DOA now.
2 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:59 am

I usually reload when I have some down time and feel the "need" . I usually will load several 100 rounds of various calibers in a day or day and a half. Then I'll go to the range and shoot 'em up. I'm sure I have over 1K rounds loaded and waiting to be spent in the ammo closet. Yes, I have a closet dedicated to reloading supplies and hardware. I enjoy it but have to be in the right mood. It's very satisfying for me.
1 x