Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

The Light J

Neon Horse
Cowhand
United States of America

The Light J

Post by Neon Horse » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:05 pm

Here's a lil sweetie. This is a Smith and Wesson 360j. It's a scandium model and it shoots 38 special. I grabbed it for $350 new sometime last year. It now has DeSantis clip grips on it. I like this model.

I like the black finish and the full barrel shroud.

1 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: The Light J

Post by RetiredSeabee » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:03 pm

Looks like a good carry gun. And the price is outstanding for a Smith. How is the trigger?
I have tried some Air weight models recently and the triggers were really heavy and gritty.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:18 pm

my wife really likes hers .... it has a Crimson Trace laser grip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:33 pm

RetiredSeabee wrote:Looks like a good carry gun. And the price is outstanding for a Smith. How is the trigger?
I have tried some Air weight models recently and the triggers were really heavy and gritty.
That's what I was wondering. It looks nice in black and stainless steel.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:29 pm

RetiredSeabee wrote:How is the trigger? I have tried some Air weight models recently and the triggers were really heavy and gritty.
the single action trigger pull on wife's is pretty good .... no creep, clean break with a light pull .... to fire it double action takes a much stronger trigger pull .... I don't know if a gunsmith can lighten up the double action trigger pull, I wouldn't want the single action to be messed with
0 x

Neon Horse
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Neon Horse » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:36 pm

RetiredSeabee wrote:Looks like a good carry gun. And the price is outstanding for a Smith. How is the trigger?
Not bad for a compact revolver. I'd like for it to be smoothed up a bit (when I get to it). Single action isn't bad at all. DA could be smoother.

Overall, I like it and the price was unbeatable for any J, let alone a scandium model. I'd buy another. I'd also like a steel version eventually.
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:02 pm

Neon,

Nice Light J you have there. Wheel guns are my favorite handgun. Thought I'd just put in this suggestion for another possible steel revolver someday. ;) (Well, not 100% steel. The frame is an aluminum alloy and the cylinder is steel).

I used to own this S&W Model 637 Enhanced Action in .38 Special + "P" caliber. The S&W Performance Center did an incredible job precision tuning this gun. DA trigger was very light, and the SA trigger was scary light. The original wood grips are beautifully-done in wood, too. But since I like the feel and stability of a Hogue Monogrip, I changed to those grips. And I really like the silver & black color combo. Like yours, the 637 is a great snubby for CCW. OK, just a suggestion to consider someday, since I know it's a quality revolver and really liked it. :)

Enjoy your Light J snubby!! :D
Smith and Wesson, .38 Special plus P, 5-shot,1.875-inch snubby, Performance Center design.JPG
DSCN0320.JPG
DSCN0318.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PT7 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

~Пока~

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:13 pm

NH, nice snubbie! I really like that color and the grips.

Frankly, they all look pretty good, but then I am partial to revolvers so there may be some bias in my viewpoint.
1 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

Neon Horse
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Neon Horse » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:39 pm

To clarify, this is my only aluminum/scandium revolver (barrel and cylinder are nitrided steel)... It may not be my last. I do have steel revolvers... That's a different thread :)
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:46 pm

Neon Horse wrote:To clarify, this is my only aluminum/scandium revolver (barrel and cylinder are nitrided steel)... It may not be my last. I do have steel revolvers... That's a different thread :)
Thanks. Nice to know.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater