Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Blackhawk - short or long barrel

Conax
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Blackhawk - holster

Post by Conax » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:31 pm

dave77 wrote:So, I ordered the Blackhawk 357/9mm 6.5" today, may be here by the end of the week. I hate waiting but with my CCP I can pick it up as soon as it comes in.

Now I have to find a decent holster. Not sure if I want just a holster or a full cowboy rig. Just looking around a bit and found this, looks decent and is not too expensive at under $200 if I decide to go full cowboy.

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/b_west ... /aws1.html

Any other suggestions are more than welcome.
I got a deal on an old .44 Blackhawk from a rancher in Utah. He threw in a beeyootiful, worn smooth western rig for it that it had been carried in for years. He and I were both left handed, so it was almost a miracle.
I strutted around looking all authentic in that rig. The gun was smiling, being in its rightful place.
Maybe a trip to your local gunshow would be an idea.. A well worn rig that fits your gun (Rugers will fit in almost any of them) could be had for a lot less money and look soo classy since it's not all stiff and new.
That's where I would start to find some servicable leather at a fair price.
Nice gun!
I liked my old .357 Ruger but it was just a 4". I carried it crossdraw on the off side.
0 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Blackhawk - short or long barrel

Post by tx gunrunner » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:52 pm

I had these holster made in a vintage pattern for my 44-40 and use them for 16 year in cowboy action shooting .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

NoFlyZone
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Blackhawk - holster

Post by NoFlyZone » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:20 pm

dave77 wrote:So, I ordered the Blackhawk 357/9mm 6.5" today, may be here by the end of the week. I hate waiting but with my CCP I can pick it up as soon as it comes in.
Congrats, good luck with your new Blackhawk. I think you will love it.
I have the Lipsey's Flattop 5.5 barrel and its an awesome revolver in both .357 and 9mm.
sIMG_6862.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Nice matched set TGR.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:52 pm

Here my 357 with Ruger custom grips , powers free spin , Super blackhawk target hammer . wolf springs , reshape ft sight and forcing cone cut to 11 degrees and it for sale . I have the box too . less than 50 round shot in it .
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Ordered this holster today, saw some for less $ but I really like the looks of this one. Maybe I'll get the matching cartridge belt next year. I've already gone over my gun and gun accessories budget for this year.

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/b_west ... /awh2.html
2 x