Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A short history of my handguns.

PT7
Drover
United States of America

A short history of my handguns.

Post by PT7 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:08 am

There has been a fairly large turnover in my gun cabinet over the last four years. Some changes were unexpected. Since firearms are fairly liquid, I have used that selling tool to meet some budget needs. But I think about the handguns that were here, and like others have commented, wish I had not sold some of them. So I'm sharing that history-in-pictures.

My very first revolver -- in fact, the first firearm I ever bought. I remember at the LGS being both excited and apprehensive when I walked out with the handgun case in hand. The adventure had begun.
Ruger SP101 .357 Magnum, 5-shot, 3.02-inch.JPG
The mini-revolver came along next. My second very high-quality, stainless steel revolver. A challenge to shoot well with that very snubby barrel length.
NAA PUG .22MAG-.22LR, 5-shot, 1-inc.JPG
The derringer was a blast to shoot! But I never thought I would have a handgun in an "over/under" configuration. With that positioning of the barrels, it was interesting to adjust the sights when shooting to keep on target. If I had kept it, I can't even guess how many calibers (barrels) I would have collected by now! Of the three calibers I shot, the .357 Magnum was the best.
Bond Arms Snake Slayer Derringer, .357 MAG and 9MM, 2-shot, 3.5-inch.JPG

You probably noticed I really like bright stainless steel against flat-black grips. It is my favorite "look" in a handgun.
In an earlier post in this thread, I put up the picture of my current SP101 .357 Magnum "kit" revolver with the 4.2" barrel. It's in my gun cabinet, and definitely a keeper. OK for this brief handgun history.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

~Пока~

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: A short history of my handguns.

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:39 am

I have a Snake Slayer in .22WMR. Also have a Cowboy.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:19 pm

I like the look of stainless guns too. But I did see a GP100 .357 with a 4" barrel in blue that was mighty purty. Hard to walk away from that one. Bond Arms is still on my list of one of these days guns. The NAAs are just too small for me but I have learned with guns never say never.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:53 pm

I also like the blued GP100, Seabee. I've seen and handled it at two different LGS, and it's a really sharp-looking revolver. Similar configuration as my current SP101 with adjustable sights and a Hogue Monogrip, etc. Of course, it is a K-frame vs. my J-frame, and carries 6 rounds vs. my 5-rounds. The DA trigger action is just a stout as my revolver.
Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum 4.2-inch.jpg
Do you think it would make a good "back-up revolver" for mine?!? ;) I've read of folks having an almost identical handgun as a backup, if the first one ever was damaged or lost. I probably wouldn't have any trouble adding one of these to my gun cabinet. Except..........for now, my budget says "one is good!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

~Пока~

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:09 am

Nice handguns. You can't go wrong with a .357.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:17 am

Nice handguns!

Cate
0 x