Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New grips for my Bisley Blackhawk 45 Colt.....

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

New grips for my Bisley Blackhawk 45 Colt.....

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:00 pm

Found these nice looking Elk horn grips online from a guy in Arizona and took a chance on them fitting my Ruger Bisley 45.
Fit really well around the frame with no metal showing unlike the factory grips. I think they look great on the stainless six shooter and just might add a few FPS to that 45 slug of lead! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: New grips for my Bisley Blackhawk 45 Colt.....

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:14 pm

Those are nice. I had a chance, years ago, to buy an Old Model Super Blackhawk .44 Mag from a friend of Miss T with Stag Grips. I don't load .44 and passed. He was on the side of the road selling yard sale stuff and had a few guns laid out. When we got home, Miss T asked why I didn't buy the gun, and I told her it was because I didn't reload for .44. She said, "You wouldn't shoot it enough to make a huge dent, go back and get it." We rode back up and ONE guy had bought all three handguns ten minutes before. :cry:

He who hesitates, loses. :?
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:46 pm

Yep if you see a good deal jump on it. Going to take the Ruger down to the range maybe Friday and see how it shoots with the new grips.
Swapped on a birds head grip frame onto my 1872 Colt open top and want to try that also.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:03 pm

Love stag grips on a single action. You did very well on those.

Yeah, the old grab it when you can thing. Even old pros like me get burned on that one. Was at a gun show this fall and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a mint Marlin 39 Mountie from the 60s for sale on a table. The price was actually very reasonable at $800, considering the gun didn't even look like it had been shot. I quick ran to get Bill, who was visiting a friend at another table. We rushed back and, no kidding, some guy got there just one step ahead of me and yup, he wasted no time pulling out the cash. Oh, well.
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:11 pm

Yep when I saw that 1892 Winchester in .44-40 pop up on Guns International for what I could pay I jumped on it quick. That deal turned out really well.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:40 am

When I was in an OKC gunshop, TWO of the guns on my list were there. I told Miss T I didn't know which one to choose. It was back when they were all scarce. She told me not to choose, get both while you can. That's how I ended up with the Ruger Ranch in 5.56 and the Uberti BirdsHead .357.

I wanted the Ruger American Ranch because it will take any AR magazine, and the 5.56 version also shoots .223 and coyotes.
I wanted the Birdshead .357 because, well, just because. :twisted:
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:34 am

fortyshooter wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:46 pm
Yep if you see a good deal jump on it. Going to take the Ruger down to the range maybe Friday and see how it shoots with the new grips.
Swapped on a birds head grip frame onto my 1872 Colt open top and want to try that also.
Those grips look great on your revolver and happy you were able to get a bit of a velocity increase with them.

Back in the day when I used to hit all the local gun shows more than once I screwed myself with hesitation only to return with the decision to buy and POOF, you know the rest of the story.
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:49 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:34 am
fortyshooter wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:46 pm
Those grips look great on your revolver and happy you were able to get a bit of a velocity increase with them.

The faster bit is a holdover from my hot rod days...."if it looks cool it got to be faster" :lol:
Thanks for your reply Hatch!
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:08 pm

Those grips look very nice on that Ruger. I'm glad it worked out so well for you and that beautiful revolver.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member