Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Bond Arms customer service.......UPDATE

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Bond Arms customer service.......UPDATE

Post by fortyshooter » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:13 am

Got my Grizzly 45/410 derringer back this morning for the hammer replacement after it had blown off while shooting.
The Repair document that came with it just states "Hammer Replaced" with no mention of why it blew off to begin with. I called Bond Arms up to talk with a repair tech and same young sounding kid that answers the phone said well that dept. is in another building and no phone for that.
He also said when his boss returns Monday he would mention my request as to what the cause was.

Not to happy with that response. The frame and action of the thing is designed to take the pressures of 357 Magnum which is far above a 410 or standard pressure 45 Colt loads. Really there should not be any huge pressure at the hammer to break it off as the small firing pin would have to transmit that force. There is alsmost 1/2 inch of steel between the hammer and primer!

UPDATE on possible hammer breakage.... The tech said it had seen enough dry fire that damage was done to hammer and cross bolt safety.

I had dry fired it but ONLY with spent rounds in the chambers which would have been okay. I also had locked out the safety since I bought it so this damage could have been done at the dealer from folks checking it out before I bought it.
Last edited by fortyshooter on Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Bond Arms customer service.......

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:15 pm

Standing by to see the response. Handguns built to withstand those pressures? Yup, shouldn't be an issue and they should have jumped to and given you a full report.

When I had an issue in the past with any handgun, geez, any firearm or firearm related product, especially giving them a full and cognizant report when I made MY initial report... I certainly got a full explanation on what they found in return. THEY knew that I would share the results with MY network and it would affect future sales.
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Bond Arms customer service.......

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:46 pm

If you don't get a call back, just keep calling. If the kid answers again and mentions his boss, ask him for his boss's name.
1 x
NRA Member